General CD to cassette

Currently reading:
General CD to cassette

Hi guys
I may be a bit off topic, Is there an adaptor that will allow me to run a portable CD player through the cassette system, I know I can power it through the cig. lighter, but the sound connects where???
thanks
Clive

Clive,

I used to have just what you need. An adaptor that looks like a cassette with a wire coming from it. Mounted in the case where the tape would normally run is a small coil (I think) that mimics the effect of magnetic tape passing over the heads of the cassette player.

Checkout ebay item 330047241840 to see what I mean.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-IPO...0QQihZ014QQcategoryZ73835QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers

Niall

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Hi Clive

I used to have one of those kits, it was a Sony Discman with car kit. The Discman ran extra fast to absorb the bumps from the road and avoid skipping. Check out Argos they should have a complete kit. (y)

Good little things they are, and you can plug anything with a headphone socket into them :D mp3 players, portable DVD players, iPods, your T.V.....

Now wouldn't it be amazing for someone to do the same thing - but with a CD! Surely sound quality would be better? :)

Back