Technical How to Center / Calibrate blinkers / indicators

Currently reading:
Technical How to Center / Calibrate blinkers / indicators

cyberbird

Hi,

I recently changed my steering stalk in order to have new cruise control, but sadly left blinker needs much sharper turn to reset compared to right blinker / indicator.

How can I center / align both indicators to work in same range? Any help or pointing me to some other thread or information of any kind would be greatly appreciated :)

IMG_20230901_133334.jpg

I suspect either the wheel wasn't in the central position or the new switch.
So if you look at the piece in the centre of the new switch and revolve it with your fingers to a position that when you turn it , it cancels left and right indicators at the same amount lock or turning in both directions, then position the steering wheel centrally and with the road wheels facing straight also that should sort the problem.

Thank you, you are correct. The switch wasn't aligned. I found correct position of this white collar and reassembled everything and it works great now.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate all the help ❤️

Great..!

Glad it was that relatively simple

Could you show an image of this collar?

A pic of the old unit could help somebody in the future 👍

How is the Cruise Control?
It's something I have struggled with for years..

Cruise control: Doblo shows no numbers of chosen speed on display. You just enable it and it retains the current speed. So to some extent it is a blind cruise control. On a flip side, I was able to cruise with 30 km/h, which is something not all cars can do (some are limited to above 40 km/h). So I definitely like it overall.

This is the stalk's collar. I tested it out by engaging both left and right blinkers, then I rotated the white collar till i heard click and after going backwards with it, it usually got stuck at some point. That is the resetting point. So i just compared left and right blinker and realized I need it positioned symmetrically (the groove was on top while bottom has no groove). Pretty simple thing to be honest, play with it a bit.

IMG_20230903_145502.jpg

Oh, one more thing I remembered: When returning Doblo airbag into steering wheel, I realized I had to bend wire clips to a certain locking spot. Afterwards when putting airbag back in, they get released back to original position, so its very simple and easy.

Last edited:
Ok I am a bit dumb: Air Bag Squib wasn't properly aligned with steering stalk so I had to disassemble everything for the third time.
Air Bag Squib interlinks with white collar and this squib is the thing that resets blinkers/indicators. There is only one way it will fit so I apparently forced it in false way..
Just posting this for any future googlers..
m8lu9acn9qcc3j73avuv713cm93rs2e7.jpg

Back