Technical Car running and horn honking with no keys :)

Currently reading:
Technical Car running and horn honking with no keys :)

ok having a strange day with the stilo JTD at the moment got home last night and was parking it up and then the horn started honking of its own free will and wouldnt stop it so took the keys out and the car was still running eventualy it stopped and thought nothing of it so woke up this morning flat battery so took it out charged it and popped it back into the car as soon as i did that the radiator fan turned on so i started the car and couple of seconds the horn started up again so im hoping it maybe an earth issue :D any ideas or has anyone had this happen and where are the earths located and which one should i clean lol

well there was a lot of water yesterday :D so im guessing it could be ill have a look :D

Water in the fuse box near the battery causes all sorts of weird and wonderful things to happen.

Best solution is to remove the fuse box and leave on a radiator over night to dry out. The longer you leave it to dry the better chance it has of drying out(reducing corrosion) and working again.

Good idea to charge the battery at the same time ..

Last edited:
Back