Technical cant find anywhere what this is called

Currently reading:
Technical cant find anywhere what this is called

clitheroeguy

i noticed theres a rattle noise at all speeds and bumps and i checked the REAR SUSPENSION COIL SPRING and noticed the inside of them the rubber piece have both come away from the place they sit

example of a picture but i can only find them second hand

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-Punto-MK3-03-06-1-2-Rear-Suspension-Coil-Spring-/360573183327?nma=true&si=DBzVidwRWsHukCi01pbWjl5b3K4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

im looking to replace the lot on both sides anyway but not wanting to really buy them second hand

im not fully sure if this is causing the sound but i cant find anything else that might be causing it as exhaust seems stable

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
anyone know how much it be for a garage to replace both as i dont have the right stuff to do it on my drive

can someone tell me if this is the most likly reason its doing a rattle noise

Last edited:
anyone know how much it be for a garage to replace both as i dont have the right stuff to do it on my drive

can someone tell me if this is the most likly reason its doing a rattle noise

trolley Jack + Axle stands + Sockets its easily doo able :)

Just the stands would have to go on the sills (dont like that)

As for the noise - i seriously dowt that, what sort of noise you getting anyway?
A rattle? Squeak? donging?

Ziggy

its a rattle noise

only guess i can think of is bushes have gone but not sure

had a volvo once
dont ask
anyway a previous owner deemed it a good idea to put a ball bearing in the sill
can you imagine braking and accelerating in that thing?
i had it a week

you know what? i totally forgot they're suppose to have them! i just put coilies on and went i go over a speedbump sounds like my springs have like pinged off, i dont have a bumpstop! on either side...

Back