Technical Can you tune a 1.2 8v???

Currently reading:
Technical Can you tune a 1.2 8v???

i have got a 1.2 8v and everyone has told me its not worth it and i am lookin at gettin 1.6 16v and popping it in and then tune it

I wonder who everyone is? What does it mean not being worth it?

If circumstances allow it the cheapest option is to buy a more powerful car in the first place.

If circumstances don't, then whatever you do will cost you money.

If you want or need to keep your chassis then putting in a 1.6 16v will be a very expensive option.

The 1,2 8v engine can be made much more enjoyable spending less than 350 pounds on it. To get more power out it will get rather expensive. Whether it is worth it or not depends on what your agenda is.

A much better option to get more power ou is to use the 138 8v engine, which can be purchased, fitted and re-mapped for less than 1000 pounds if someone has to be paid for the fitting. Spend another 400 pounds on induction and exhaust and you will see in excess of 100bhp with good torque delivery.

What about buying a 1.8 HGT? I'm considering doing this at the moment as I own the 1.2 and there are HGTs floating about for under £2k. And of course you then have an engine that is better for tuning, right?

What about buying a 1.8 HGT? I'm considering doing this at the moment as I own the 1.2 and there are HGTs floating about for under £2k. And of course you then have an engine that is better for tuning, right?

You are right if you can afford the stand alone ECU, which will set you back fully mapped about 1200 pounds.

Back