Technical Can using the wrong transmission oil in my selespeed box cause my car not to start?

Currently reading:
Technical Can using the wrong transmission oil in my selespeed box cause my car not to start?

New to fiat

I used a cheap "universal" transmission oil instead of selespeed, i used 200ml. After about 20 miles of driving, I started it and it pulled forward a little bit in neutral, then stalled and now resuses to start. Checked starter, battery, earth's they are all fine. Can using the wrong oil somehow stop my car from engaging neutral? But it says N on the dash? It's like there is something stopping it from cranking it's not even trying. Fiat punto grande 2007 semi auto dualogic box selespeed

When you say "cheap "universal" transmission oil", do you mean Something like ATF or 75/90, Because I sure hope you did not put that in the Selespeed Reservior because that IS the WRONG fluid and will react with the seals in the hydraulic unit AND YES, it can prevent the car from starting after a while, as the seals will prevent the internals of the actuator from moving correctly and prevent correct engagement of the gears thus not allowing the car to start because the sensors are reporting a no start condition.

The correct Selespeed fluid is the Tutela Selespeed OR DII power steering fluid.

Back