Can they do that?

Currently reading:
Can they do that?

Yorky said:
If you work for a caring, understanding and compassionate employer...
Er, that'll be a no then... (Sammi's employer, not mine). I got to work at 7:05am on the day of sammi's accident. It was the day after a huge IT system change (inter-domain migration), that had the potential to stop business (with business downtime costing tens of thouands of pounds per day). I got the call at 7:15am, and my boss told me I had to go and ort her out, despite the potential risk to the business. That's more like a caring, understanding and compassionate employer. (y)
H

hmallett said:
Er, that'll be a no then... (Sammi's employer, not mine). I got to work at 7:05am on the day of sammi's accident. It was the day after a huge IT system change (inter-domain migration), that had the potential to stop business (with business downtime costing tens of thouands of pounds per day). I got the call at 7:15am, and my boss told me I had to go and ort her out, despite the potential risk to the business. That's more like a caring, understanding and compassionate employer. (y)
H
he just wanted to get rid of you so he could use windows :p :devil:

Work is 95% Windows based... That's why they need plenty of looking after!
H

sammiboo said:
I had results back from my Xray

I still have glass in my arm from my accident :( No wonder its been really sore. Have to get it removed, which means more cuts and more scars :cry:

Yuk, sounds horrible - hope all goes well.

Your employer would soon become accommodating if they thought your accident injuries were being made worse at work ie. R.S.I or stress etc. They would worry about the financial implications of a tribunal case. To treat you differently after the accident could be construed as discrimination.

Hope you are soon on the mend.

sammiboo said:
I had results back from my Xray

I still have glass in my arm from my accident :( No wonder its been really sore. Have to get it removed, which means more cuts and more scars :cry:

bad luck chick,

hope you feel better soon(y)

Back