can i adapt this to work?

Currently reading:
can i adapt this to work?

i ordered a central locking kit and received it today, but unlike other ones i've fitted the module seems to be for the kits that include actuators that you fit when you don't even have manual central locking, i was wondering if anyone could see by looking at the wiring diagram wheter i could still get it to work or wheter i would have to send it back and get another,

20110509.jpg

thanks

Last edited:
i ordered a central locking kit and received it today, but unlike other ones i've fitted the module seems to be for the kits that include actuators that you fit when you don't even have manual central locking, i was wondering if anyone could see by looking at the wiring diagram wheter i could still get it to work or wheter i would have to send it back and get another,

20110509.jpg

thanks

No mate as it will pulse pos and neg you need neg pulse only
you need remote locking upgrade

Ian(y)

that sucks, i bought it as a remote central locking upgrade, thinking it'd just have the normal central locking wires that i'm used to, nevermind i'll ask for a refund,

edit: asked for a refund and got a call from a friendly chap telling me what needed to be done, to avoid cutting into the existing c/l wires, there is an extra actuator that i attach to the drivers door pin, its just the instructions didn't make it clear i thought the actuator was delivered as a mistake

Last edited:
Well good luck with that one easy to do NOT (n)

Remove drivers door panel fit motor ( you will find it almost imposible )
route wires into car connect up and hey not presto !!

Send it back and get the correct one or you will waste a day instead of a 20 min job

Ian

wish i'd seen your reply sooner, i did waste a lot of my life trying to fit it as like you said its sodding impossible :bang:, with regards to wiring up i was taking the door off anyway to drill a hole in the plug for speaker wire, but i just got pissed off and drew the line, gave the guy a call and asked for an exchange to the easier kit

so light at the end of the tunnel i guess hah :)

Back