Technical Can a fuel injection system relay be repaired?

Currently reading:
Technical Can a fuel injection system relay be repaired?

steve3123

I was wondering is it possible to fix a relay?? i think my injector relay has failed. it cant be anything else with the injection system

Sometimes you can remove the casing of the relay & carefully (VERY carefully) clean up the contacts with fine wet & dry paper (800-1000 grit) or a fine nail file, (but dont let your misses see you take it!).

If you do do that & it works, expect it to go again at some point, its a temporary fix till you can get a new one.

If it doesnt work its another part of the relay & in which case theres no easy fix.

Last edited:
Sometimes you can remove the casing of the relay & carefully (VERY carefully) clean up the contacts with fine wet & dry paper (800-1000 grit) or a fine nail file, (but dont let your misses see you take it!).

If you do do that & it works, expect it to go again at some point, its a temporary fix till you can get a new one.

If it doesnt work its another part of the relay & in which case theres no easy fix.

its ok if you read my other thread uno 999c weird problems. we all thought it was ignition ecu. that was all changed, as well as coil plugs ht leads dizzy cap and rota arm, but it still kept quitting checked injector, it would squirt only when i first tried to turn engine over. had injector tested, its fine. the only thing i can think of now is the relay.

Oh right, fuel pump relay.

Yeah, would make sense, I`ve had that with BMW`s & Porsches, not Fiats though strangely, but it would make sense.

Depending on your electical confidence, you could try bypassing the relay to see if it runs more than a minute before you try to dismantle the relay, so you know your in the right area.

It would be a right arse to bugger the relay up when its not even that in the wrong!

its ok if you read my other thread uno 999c weird problems. we all thought it was ignition ecu. that was all changed, as well as coil plugs ht leads dizzy cap and rota arm, but it still kept quitting checked injector, it would squirt only when i first tried to turn engine over. had injector tested, its fine. the only thing i can think of now is the relay.

Yes - it is dependent on electrical confidence, well-said.

A Bosch fuel pump relay - the tall type with loads of odd-looking pins - might be repairable. Mine on the Uno Turbo had a broken wire to the relay coil from the circuit board, which I was able to repair easily and it's worked fine since.

-Alex

The fuel pump is working perfectly normally. I removed injector and turned ignition on, Fuel everywhere... plenty of pressure. I didnt know there were TWO relays under bonnet, one for fuel pump the other for injector, its in the back of the manual in the revised section... as soon as it stops raining im going to go and try!

The fuel pump is working perfectly normally. I removed injector and turned ignition on, Fuel everywhere... plenty of pressure. I didnt know there were TWO relays under bonnet, one for fuel pump the other for injector, its in the back of the manual in the revised section... as soon as it stops raining im going to go and try!

sprayed once then stopped! ARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH :bang::bang::bang:

Back