Technical Camshaft pulley, left or right hand thread?

Currently reading:
Technical Camshaft pulley, left or right hand thread?

Alpitlum

After looking through forum I have been unable to get an answer.
I am changing timing belt kit and water pump one day this week but need to know , is the camshaft pulley bolt left or right hand thread, jtd??

Any help would be great guys thanks

Rob:)

But to replace the water pump do I not need to remove the camshaft pulley?

Yes..... the water pump is partially behind the camshaft pulley (sprocket).

Attachments

• JTD Water Pump.JPG
    JTD Water Pump.JPG
    981.9 KB · Views: 73
You'll also need to remove the camshaft sensor or swing it out of the way to remove the water pump. The countersunk screw on the right of it has thread-lock compound on it and is difficult to remove. Ensure you have the correct tool for it and that it's fitted fully into the screw head before turning it. I messed mine up a bit. :eek:

Attachments

• JTD Cam Sensor.JPG
    JTD Cam Sensor.JPG
    1,015.6 KB · Views: 89
Thanks for the help, changed the timing belt and water pump today.
Doddle of a job, and I can confirm that yes, the camshaft pulley bolt is standard thread.

Hi, Thanks for the posts. I'm in the middle of repairs on two multipla 1,9JTD's. I'm wondering if anyone has found the part number to the countersunk screw on EpER? I need to replace the screw. it's far too damanged to reinstall it again.
After these projects are complete, I'll do a write up and post it....as a contribution to the site.
Thanks,

Hi, Thanks for the posts. I'm in the middle of repairs on two multipla 1,9JTD's. I'm wondering if anyone has found the part number to the countersunk screw on EpER? I need to replace the screw. it's far too damanged to reinstall it again.
After these projects are complete, I'll do a write up and post it....as a contribution to the site.
Thanks,
Item 12 or 13 on this diagram.

The diagram appears to show them the wrong way round, so it would be wise to order both of them.

Attachments

• JTD Screws.JPG
    JTD Screws.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 25
Item 12 or 13 on this diagram.

The diagram appears to show them the wrong way round, so it would be wise to order both of them.
Great THanks! I ordered The screws! Automotive grade screws are hard to find in Europe. They don't hold any weight, and torque is not an issue. The countersunk head is what matters, and I found some. Great help!

Back