Cambelt cover question on 155 HGT

Currently reading:
Cambelt cover question on 155 HGT

K

Karl

on the 155 HGT the Cambelt cover is supposed to have a rubber seal round it so that it sits flush against the engine. Has yours???

Mine doesn't and i have come to a conculsion that without this the top CAM Pulleys where the Phase sensor is are open to weathering ie rusting on the cam pulleys

I bought my HGT as a non runner due to a Phase sensor issue which after a week or so messing around trying to jackup the engine n lower it to get the cambelt cover off i gave up, i managed to get the top bolt out which gave me enough room to look at the pulleys and the phase sensor noticing it looked rather weathered and dirty in there so did what i could with the room i had sand papered the rust from the inner ring of the pulley also took out the crank sensor which had rust on it cleaned it up and had it running sweet for two or three weeks. After a heavy rain storm and a drive around left the car for a day it would not start sand papered the pulley again and presto it started, looks like if the pulley becomes rusty the Phase sensor plays up and the result is the Injector light on and car does not start.

So word of Waring if you get your Cambelt done make sure the seal is still on the Cover afterwards as this is the only time i can imagine that mine will of bee removed.....

P010810_075601.jpg