General Calling all tipo owners!

Currently reading:
General Calling all tipo owners!

New member, hello.
Just acquired this one, my first Fiat in over 15 years after an unsuccessful experiment with a Panda. This is a known car on here I believe.
In the new year I may also become the custodian of an early Cinquecento that has been parked in a garage and not run since 2003, depending on how well it's fared.

Attachments

• 14725641_10210654992234064_2591231313612125804_n.jpg
    14725641_10210654992234064_2591231313612125804_n.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 126
Hello, my name is Maurice ( Netherlands )
This is my Tipo.. 1996 1.4 ie SX
I bought it last thursday..and it drives wonderfull, :)

Some little things have to be done:
The battery light is always on.. but charges (14,2V)
Balancing the tires... very wobbely drive
And when turn left.. something on the back ( RH side ) knacks.

But i have contact with the garage to fix those things. ( warranty )

This is the 4th Fiat my wife and i owned: previous Classic Panda, Cinquecento ( see avatar )and Seicento

Attachments

• 41A08053-FCC5-47D9-83B0-BBDB3197B2EB.jpeg
    41A08053-FCC5-47D9-83B0-BBDB3197B2EB.jpeg
    859.3 KB · Views: 120
  • C5D3B2EC-D36A-4D93-939B-B35DF3F68B69.jpeg
    C5D3B2EC-D36A-4D93-939B-B35DF3F68B69.jpeg
    835.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Hello, my name is Maurice ( Netherlands )
This is my Tipo.. 1996 1.4 ie SX
I bought it last thursday..and it drives wonderfull, :)

Some little things have to be done:
The battery light is always on.. but charges (14,2V)
Balancing the tires... very wobbely drive
And when turn left.. something on the back ( RH side ) knacks.

But i have contact with the garage to fix those things. ( warranty )

This is the 4th Fiat my wife and i owned: previous Classic Panda, Cinquecento ( see avatar )and Seicento

Congratulations and it looks like a great survivor. Do you get salt on the roads over there too?

Yes in the winter we have also salt on the road. But the preveous owner took great care of this Tipo. ( I am his second owner �� ) And yes, there are some minor rust spots.. but nothing to worry about.

Hello Maurice, you have a nice car there.

Charging light... I had this on my Tipo some years ago, I think it is just the indicator lamp because a diode has failed.

If the wheels are shaking it could be non-round tyres if the car has not been used much. I think the best size is 175/65 14, a bit bigger than the standard thin 165/65 14 for the Mk2 Tipo.

I don't know about the noise from the rear end, but check the bushes where the subframe mounts to the body and the suspension arm swivel bushes.

Enjoy your Tipo !

Thnx. Next Monday I have a appointment with the garage.. they will change the alternator, change tires, and look at that noise. And also change the thermostat.. ( engine does not warm up.. 55/60 degrees when driving )

Something to do for myself... (sometimes a relais is ticking fast out of nowhere, I don’t know what relais it is yet ) find it and exchange it.
Other quick question... where can I find the earthstrap from the engine?

Greetings Tipo owners. I have finally managed to capture a few images of my 1994 Sedicivalvole. 120,000mls and in excellent condition considering her age.

Used as a daily driver with with only the few odd issues.

What I have learnt is that these cars are old enough to have their parts removed and fixed and not simply part swapped for new ones. One example was my dual fuel/ignition relay that kept crapping out causing the car to stop in some awkward places. Solution was to cut open the relay and apply a drop of solder to the connection that was loose. As posted earlier I am still having idle issues when cold but hopefully someone will have an answer to my ECU question.

I will post some interior and engine pics soon as I have added a Nardi steering wheel and an old Apline radio. It is a joy to be sitting behind the wheel of such a rare gem of a car.

All the best from Porirua, New Zealand.

PS I am running Michelin PS3 tyres and I have to say they are excellent in the wet and dry.

Attachments

• Tipo_1a.jpg
    Tipo_1a.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
  • Tipo_1b.jpg
    Tipo_1b.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 70
Back