General Calling all 500 owners!

Currently reading:
General Calling all 500 owners!

Hello gang . . .

Luciano needs your support. In October he is going home to Italy - as we are entered as Team 005 in 'The Italian Job'.

We have been on the event five times since 1998, in our little red Mini .. but Luciano has been invited to take up the challenge this year so we thought we'd give it a try!!?* But we need to raise £1,500 for childrens charity Kids Out and hope you can show your love of the little car and spare a couple of quid to help us on our way.

Any car that featured in the original 1969 film can take part, so if new MINI can do it, so can NEW 500!

We will be based in Imola for 4 days where the navigational rally takes place in the region. Then we head back for one night stops in Turin, Monte Carlo, Lyon, Paris and finish in Brighton.

Please check out the Just Giving link below for details of how to donate.

What d'ya say?!

Thanks all X

Attachments

• DSCF0099.JPG
    DSCF0099.JPG
    596.7 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF0095.JPG
    DSCF0095.JPG
    606.7 KB · Views: 33
(y) Thanks for your enthusiasm Rob, excellent!

I need cheering up as I have just collected a poorly cat from the vets (he is on the mend, but am £200 lighter!)

Anyway, all offers of help are gratefully accepted - will email you over the weekend to see what we can do.

You may still be able to enter this year's 'Job', but it is only 11 weeks away (eek :eek:) We are trying it as a 'toe in the water' thing, see how we go down with the Mini owners, if you are really want to let me know and we should be able to pull a few strings!

I believe there is an original 500 going as well this year, so we should be in good company.

(y) Thanks for your enthusiasm Rob, excellent!

I need cheering up as I have just collected a poorly cat from the vets (he is on the mend, but am £200 lighter!)

Anyway, all offers of help are gratefully accepted - will email you over the weekend to see what we can do.

You may still be able to enter this year's 'Job', but it is only 11 weeks away (eek :eek:) We are trying it as a 'toe in the water' thing, see how we go down with the Mini owners, if you are really want to let me know and we should be able to pull a few strings!

I believe there is an original 500 going as well this year, so we should be in good company.

well up for it! was actually planning a trip to Torino late September so this would be even better. mine is a black with red stripe 1.4 Sport so would look good with your white/italia striped one

edit: however now had a look at the site it seems like we are too late this year to do it justice and i couldn't realistically raise the entry fee and hotels monies this month - next month possibly...

anyway lets get in touch to see what possibilities there are, even if this year isn't possible for me I still want to help

Last edited:
well up for it! was actually planning a trip to Torino late September so this would be even better. mine is a black with red stripe 1.4 Sport so would look good with your white/italia striped one

edit: however now had a look at the site it seems like we are too late this year to do it justice and i couldn't realistically raise the entry fee and hotels monies this month - next month possibly...

anyway lets get in touch to see what possibilities there are, even if this year isn't possible for me I still want to help

Hi Rob,
Yeah............could be a little late to enter this year from both a financial and fundraising point of view, always next year with loads of time to plan.

Agree, the cars would look a handsome pair...................
Just sending you an email now!

Opps, you'll need the link . . . was on my sig

http://www.justgiving.com/500adventure

Fundraising is coming along, 10 weeks to go, just checking out a route for the way down - including two nights in the Tirol region of Austria and two extra nights at Imola = Cutting the travelling time down quite a bit :eek:

I'm sure the 1.2, loaded up with two weeks worth of luggage (inc. some beer stops) will be able to cope with the fast European motorways, and we can make some time up!?! All it does at the moment is sit in a traffic jam, won't know what's hit it.

Hi Rob - all gone a bit quiet?!

Nobody else on here interested in my little adventure :confused: :cry:

cheers got your PR, will see what I can do and let you know

had a busy weekend. can't make Gaydon but will ask our Chairman Andre to catch up with you and introduce you to the AI team.

be worthwhile signing up to the Clubcento forum and posting in the New 500 section

Last edited:
Hi Minifunclub

Very jealous of your planned trip!

I will sponsor you when I get paid (Friday)

Snowball
x

Thanks Snowball, you are a sweetie :) - every little donation REALLY DOES HELP! .. and it would be nice to think we have the support of the forum 500 owners.:hug:

Don't be jealous - it really is quite hard work fundraising, although the actual trip is great fun.

Attached is a picture taken in the pit garages at Imola, back in 2003, of a disabled Italian kid receiving one of the many gifts the 'jobbers' took over... it made his day after seeing all the colourful Minis speeding round the circuit...
and makes the fundraising more real and extremely rewarding.

This year there will be a 500 amongst them ...... and we will be taking toy 500s for them. Anyone got a spare stash?!

X

Attachments

• day1imola 030.jpg
    day1imola 030.jpg
    609.6 KB · Views: 14
contact Fiat and tell them it's for charity; i'm sure they'll give you some

Thanks The Beep, good idea - will try to find a contact at Fiat and do that. Will let you know how I get on.

Have tried our supplying dealer for support but they are not even courteous enough to say, thanks but NO thanks. Ho-hum!

:worship: Grazie mille for your generous donation too! You are a star (y) It is a very worthy cause and will be most appreciated .. cool!

P.S. this thread had been viewed 500 times ..... if only I could convert those to ££££££'s ....

(y) Thanks for your advice, donations and support guys and girls - keep it coming fellow 500ers. Much appreciated.

We are off to Mini In The Park show at Santa Pod Raceway tomorrow to show Luciano on The Italian Job display and sell prize draw tickets - will let you know how the Mini/MINI owners take to him (or not!?)

Might even give him a blast up the drag strip. I wonder if there is a prize for the most economical run of the day . . . :ROFLMAO:

Have a good weekend all!
X

Back