Styling Cabrio ELX Interior parts

Currently reading:
Styling Cabrio ELX Interior parts

chesh

Established member
Hi, missing some interior parts and ePER is not friendly.

I don't have an internal mirror at all, I assume I could buy that one in any scrap yard since all MK1 models would fit.
Do I need to glue it to the windshield? or use some 3M tape?

Also, what is this?

2r5thzr.jpg

Another broken part:

mn2byt.jpg

Does anyone know part number for that one?
Car is SX (Left hand drive).

And last one:

25oz21t.jpg

Does that look fixable? just missing the plastic?
Looks like someone just putted this piece of metal there. is that the original mechanism?

Last edited:
The little dome thing in the first picture is the receiver for the central locking. Any Mk1 mirror should be ok, but I am not sure whether 3m tape is up to the job. Perhaps someone else will be able to advise.

It may be worth speaking to your main Fiat dealer to get a part number. Mine is quite willing to assist in this respect, but can't often get the part. There are a few breakers on Ebay who have parts for the Cabrio, but they are not always cheap.

The seat mechanism should be chunky plastic. Although the seat on the Cabrio is different from the Mk1 saloon, the tipping mechanism may be the same.

Good luck

Yes, they are Cabrio sun visors, but at a ridiculous price. They are very much like the standard sun visor, but the bottom edged is folded forward so that it fits neatly against the head rail when retracted. If you do buy a set (if you can find them cheaper elsewhere), keep the old ones for parts. There is a spring clip which stops the visor from falling down and it is prone to breaking. The clip is the same, whatever visor you have and it is possible to remove the broken one and fit a new one (taken from your old visor), by cutting a small slit along the seam at the top, then gluing it with vinyl adhesive.

Back