General Bye Bye Stilo

Currently reading:
General Bye Bye Stilo

cmc

Alas it was time today to chop the Stilo in - I've only got here for 3 for weeks before she goes as my part exchange.

I've had good times :) and trying times with the Stilo :( but all in all a real experience. Thanks to all in the forum that have helped me over the years. The forum has been a great source of information and hopefully I contributed a bit too.

Cheers

cmc

I went for a new Seat Leon

see attached

The spec was pretty good and it's a wee bit different. A nice drive too. The Fiat was good fun and great value but didn't go for another new one as they're about to bring out the new Stilo soonish.

What do you guys think? good choice/ bad choice?

cmc

Attachments

• new-leon[1].jpg
    new-leon[1].jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Yeah not a bad car, very nice. A little bit like the Pug 307 styling especially on the front. What trim did you go for, and colour, oh go on give us all the details ? :)

Sorry to see you will be leaving us, but you really don't have to leave just because you haven't got a Fiat ;)

Well i am sorry to see you go we willIme sure miss you CMC and the stilo and as for the seat its not my cup of tea ive owned two seats and two is enough (n) I havnt had my 1.6 dynamic 5dr long Ive had my share of probs but the car has really got under my skin and into the blood stream to put it another wat I fookin love it (y) and wouldnt want any other i am making arrangments that when i shuffle of this emortal coil :dead: the stilos coming with me :p

PNL said:
Well i am sorry to see you go we willIme sure miss you CMC and the stilo and as for the seat its not my cup of tea ive owned two seats and two is enough (n) I havnt had my 1.6 dynamic 5dr long Ive had my share of probs but the car has really got under my skin and into the blood stream to put it another wat I fookin love it (y) and wouldnt want any other i am making arrangments that when i shuffle of this emortal coil :dead: the stilos coming with me :p
What's it gonna be then a burial at sea ? :D Dress up in a sailor suit and go down with HMS Stlio :)

KoArAnG said:
What's it gonna be then a burial at sea ? :D Dress up in a sailor suit and go down with HMS Stlio :)

LMAO nice one.

Well I went for Metallic Balck magic.

some Standard spec highlights include:

16" alloys
dual zone climate control
MP3 cd player with wheel mounted conttrols
tyre pressure monitoring
front/ rear electric windows
Electrical folding mirrors
ESP
Cruise control
Alarm

I opted for the parking sensor as the other half will be driving it :rolleyes:

I was going to go for the Blue Tooth and Auto head lights/ auto wipers and auto dimming mirror but it would have meant about an 8 week wait and seemingly the Bluetooth is a bit tempramental.

I won't be leaving this forum though. Too good a laugh and a good bunch of folk.

:worship:

cmc

Excellent choices, the black was the only colour I really liked on the Seat website. You can't go wrong with it. :cool:

The 360` interior page wasn't working the last time I tried, maybe you could post up some pictures when you get it ?

I'm in the market for a new car at the moment too, possibly keeping hold of the Stilo though, depending on how far I push the boat out :rolleyes:

I was looking at the Golf Gti MK5 which uses the same engine as the Seat FSi, but the GTi has a turbo fitted giving it 200bhp, shame Seat haven't got an option for one of those because they are well priced and equipement levels are high :(

Glad to hear you're sticking around (y) There's no place like home :worship:

K

there's a 185 bhp Leon Sport out at the moment. It's a 2 ltr FSI Turbo. A fair bit cheaper than the 20k Golf GTi! Seat are launching a further specced up 2 sportier ones in the next 6 months in the Leon Fr and the leon Cupra.
our other car is a Leon Cupra 180 bhp. That's why we went for another Seat.

piccies to follow when I get it

cmc

cmc said:
K

there's a 185 bhp Leon Sport out at the moment. It's a 2 ltr FSI Turbo. A fair bit cheaper than the 20k Golf GTi! Seat are launching a further specced up 2 sportier ones in the next 6 months in the Leon Fr and the leon Cupra.
our other car is a Leon Cupra 180 bhp. That's why we went for another Seat.

piccies to follow when I get it

cmc
Hmmm, may be worth hanging on till I see that then, I'm in no rush so I think it would be wise.

Cheers for the info (y)

KoArAnG said:

OH crap mark [pmsl] thats another damp patch u made me do :yuck:

PNL said:

What makes you think your going to be buryied :shakehead I could have other plans for you :eek: and it would be a terrible waste of a car [now wheres that copy of Auto Trader :D

StiloBoy said:
Does the new Leon have a nice dash? The on the Altea is sheeite! ;) All hard and plasticy, and fake carbon fibre in the plastic! Bluegh!

The interior is a bit better than the Altea but to be honest it's not the best in the class I don't think. I think the Golf, focus and Stilo all have a better dash.

cmc

That's cool to see your honesty with a car you just bought :cool:

That may be why they don't show the dash in any close up pics :confused:

Be nice to see some proper pictures of it though because everyone has different taste :)

KoArAnG said:
That's cool to see your honesty with a car you just bought :cool:

That may be why they don't show the dash in any close up pics :confused:

Be nice to see some proper pictures of it though because everyone has different taste :)

I've never been one to try and convince myself that my car is best in all departments. Truth is, all cars have pros and cons. One of the new Leon's cons is the interior IMO.

Have a look, see whta you think. I think it's a wee bit drab TBH, but there you go.

Attachments

• ba8076ff[1].jpg
    ba8076ff[1].jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 33
  • aba7a464[1].jpg
    aba7a464[1].jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 27
  • a2004aa7[1].jpg
    a2004aa7[1].jpg
    91 KB · Views: 24
cmc said:
I've never been one to try and convince myself that my car is best in all departments. Truth is, all cars have pros and cons. One of the new Leon's cons is the interior IMO.

Have a look, see whta you think. I think it's a wee bit drab TBH, but there you go.
I see what you mean, it's very plain looking but it is well laid out, couldn't they have added a bit of colour to it :confused:

Back