Punto Evo Buying guide

Currently reading:
Punto Evo Buying guide

Thomboyb

Hi I’m a new member and massively interested in getting a evo sporting as my second car, I’ve seen a few posts about the multi air system etc but just was wondering if anyone had a checklist of what to look for when buying one
Thanks
Tom

Hi

The Grande Punto platform is still what you are asking about.. a joint venture with a CorsaD

Pretty sound.. but dated

Ive got 07/08 grandes and a 2012..
The issues were not eliminated over the years

Multiair is fussy about oil.. so a good service history is important

Not so many around.. have you seen one you fancy?

Charlie - near the M4

Thanks charlie,
I’ve mainly been interested in the evo sporting spec from 2010&2011, I was lucky enough for my parents to get me a corsa d for my first car but looking for an upgrade now insurance premiums are down a tad, there’s one or two on sale at the moment but wasn’t sure if there’s anything else apart from a good service history I should be careful of

I’m based north Wiltshire like between bath and swindon,
What’s the best way to check if the gearbox is all in order? Just general feel?
How can I test the aircon?
Thanks for your help

What car do you have?
I’ve searched the forum for as much advice as I can was just asking if there was anything else

Buy the multijet not the multiair, that would be my advice.

The 1.6 diesel in the sporting is a much more reliable engine much more robust but with slightly less power (easily boosted with a remap)

The sporting came in very high spec for a Punto so things like leather, climate control cruise co room auto wipers, panoramic glass roof are all options, think about what you want and what you really don’t want before rushing into things. Generally though by the time of the Evo a lot of the common problem where sorted and there are few issues with later puntos. The Diesel engine is the same one they put in vans from Vauxhall and Renault, it’s done many many miles and again very few things that go wrong with them

Thanks for your reply Andy, the ULEZ exemption of the petrol is needed due to uni and to be honest I just prefer the petrol, any reason the diesel is much more hardwearing?

Additionally the diesel seems rarer and more expensive so would be hard to source one at the moment

Back