General Buying guide?

Currently reading:
General Buying guide?

jamesdt

Looking for a Seicento sporting after needing another car due to work/life/kid commitments. Used to have a Black sporting as in my avi when i was young and stupid that got written off by my own stupidity, Anyway im now looking to get a standard sei and keep it standard ive had a quick browse through the forum and noticed the clutch cables havent improved lol but are there any other more common problems that these have to look out for rust components failures and what would be the timing belt miles/years?

Thanks (y)

Looking for a Seicento sporting after needing another car due to work/life/kid commitments. Used to have a Black sporting as in my avi when i was young and stupid that got written off by my own stupidity, Anyway im now looking to get a standard sei and keep it standard ive had a quick browse through the forum and noticed the clutch cables havent improved lol but are there any other more common problems that these have to look out for rust components failures and what would be the timing belt miles/years?

Thanks (y)

Clutch cables have never been a problem, its people using the clutch beyond its working life that's the problem.

Most of these poor wee cars will have fallen into the hands of those that can't afford to keep them right. Belt timing is 5/50 from memory, but is non interference.

D

Rusr at top rear of the inner wheel arches. Most important thing to look for on a cento. Rear ends of cills occasionally. Supposedly the galvanizing missed these bits due to trapped air. Obviously accident damage too...

Sumps can corrode too but as with most other jobs fixable...

Back