General buying advice 500 vintage

Currently reading:
General buying advice 500 vintage

My wife wants a 500 and I was thinking of getting a red 500 Vintage '57 for her, Christmas, but need help.
Do they all come with leather interiors (it must be cloth)? Do they all come as convertables; could I have one with a solid roof.
I am looking at getting one between now and Christmas and they seem few and far between, what do you folks reckon?

cheers :)

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

My wife wants a 500 and I was thinking of getting a red 500 Vintage '57 for her, Christmas, but need help.
Do they all come with leather interiors (it must be cloth)? Do they all come as convertables; could I have one with a solid roof.
I am looking at getting one between now and Christmas and they seem few and far between, what do you folks reckon?

cheers :)

You can get one with a solid roof; IIRC the roof will be painted white.

The leather seats were specific to that model, and standard on it, so cloth seats are not an option if you want a vintage '57 500.

Here is an advert from the time when they were on sale new. The wheels, seats and paint were essentially what that special edition was all about; original list prices carried a substantial premium over the equivalent standard models.

I said at the time that I thought the wheels were gorgeous, but would be difficult to maintain in pristine condition. If you do go and look at any in the flesh, I'd be curious to know how the wheels are holding up.

Last edited:
Back