Buying a T-JET

Currently reading:
Buying a T-JET

Hi there guys, I've recently decided upon buying a TJET.
There's only a select few about that are actually for sale and within my budget.
Looking at one in Liverpool with 63k miles on, the guy said he's got no proof of the cambelt being changed, which at that mileage on an 08 is a bit iffy.
Now he said he's had the car just over a year and is wanting to sell it because he wants to go on holiday..?
Am I being a bit negative here or does this sound like dodgy? It needs a service also..

The second one, is similar mileage (67k), similar age, 57 plate.
Also is due a service, has a kerbed wheel and needs a tyre. Atleast this bloke is being honest with me.. if that's all that's up with it..
Just waiting to hear back from them about the cambelt, but I'm wanting to buy one this Saturday..

What do you guys think?

Hi there guys, I've recently decided upon buying a TJET.
There's only a select few about that are actually for sale and within my budget.
Looking at one in Liverpool with 63k miles on, the guy said he's got no proof of the cambelt being changed, which at that mileage on an 08 is a bit iffy.
Now he said he's had the car just over a year and is wanting to sell it because he wants to go on holiday..?
Am I being a bit negative here or does this sound like dodgy? It needs a service also..

The second one, is similar mileage (67k), similar age, 57 plate.
Also is due a service, has a kerbed wheel and needs a tyre. Atleast this bloke is being honest with me.. if that's all that's up with it..
Just waiting to hear back from them about the cambelt, but I'm wanting to buy one this Saturday..

What do you guys think?

I would be changing the cam belt regardless of if the previous seller has had it done just for my own piece of mind!

one in Liverpool does sound abit odd.. sell the car to go on holiday? maybe he cant afford the holiday he wants? possible?

don't be afraid to offer lower than the asking price as buying a new car you want to be able to just drive away, not worrie about repairs.

Yeah I'm going to have to either offer lower simply due to the refurb and tyre needed on the other one.
I don't want to be having to fork out for a cam belt soon as I get the car, I'd of though that people would've had the cambelt changed as and when it's needed it.

So hopefully both have been changed and if not, atleast one of them so I have a car to view!!

Hopefully I can manage to talk them round to it as these are the only two for sale within my budget and within a fairly close radius

Back