burning dvds

Currently reading:
burning dvds

all i wanted too do and all i told it too do was burn disk lol
i am lost with all this codec talk avi dob stuff too lol

my p.c used too do it just not any more lol

:bang: makes for sore heads and headaches its not my fault my p.c has its own mind :D

Sounds like that Stu.

Even with a decent pc, your still 1hr 30mins for most avi converting stuff.

I prefer NERO 7 Ultra for this, it's just easy plus I've stuck with Nero from the get go well Burning Rom 5 anyways.

I doubt other programs will convert faster though, maybe setting up another user profile with little or no startup programs could eek a bit more from the cpu but the time it takes is the time it takes unless you get some crazy hardware in!

The option to buy a compatible dvd player is useful though

Something like this

http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=1658

transfer your film onto USB key or memory card and play direct with no disc burning involved!

Liam

Sounds like that Stu.

Even with a decent pc, your still 1hr 30mins for most avi converting stuff.

I prefer NERO 7 Ultra for this, it's just easy plus I've stuck with Nero from the get go well Burning Rom 5 anyways.

I doubt other programs will convert faster though, maybe setting up another user profile with little or no startup programs could eek a bit more from the cpu but the time it takes is the time it takes unless you get some crazy hardware in!

The option to buy a compatible dvd player is useful though

Something like this

http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=1658

transfer your film onto USB key or memory card and play direct with no disc burning involved!

Liam

COUGH ;)
or a modded xbox :D

\/ \/ \/

It's swings and roundabouts cos a DVD Rip will be around the 4GB mark usually and will take longer to DL than a 700MB Avi so your stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Don't mean to sound obtuse but if you go into a shop the dvds from there will play straight away, if you want flicks for free you've gotta be prepared to put some effort in.

Liam

Back