Styling Bumpstops for Lowering?

Currently reading:
Styling Bumpstops for Lowering?

Nello

Established member
Guys - as per earlier posts - going to lower my car using PI springs from POTN.co.uk - Lowers 35mm - Then just need some 17" wheels..........
POTN recommend fitting Bumpstops? Are these needed or are they just after another £20?

What is a bumpstop???
I don't know about you guys but i often touch with the nose of the car on big speed bumps and on high paths or even on steep ramps (and i even have the engine cover held up bacause it "bellys" down, that's the part thet touches)

activematt said:
Yeah i often scrape the black bit that runs round the bottom of front bumper, at least you have an engine cover to hit.........mines never had one!

Mine never came with an under engine cover either.:mad:

Bump stops are basically what their name suggests, they stop the suspension bottoming out when going over a particularly bad bump, and causing damage. There's more of a science behind it than that but I can't be bothered.:p Unless you're planning on dropping your Stilo -80mm or more, don't bother spending your money on them.

activematt said:
Yeah i often scrape the black bit that runs round the bottom of front bumper, at least you have an engine cover to hit.........mines never had one!

Pain in the A this scraping and this is another reason why im not lowering my car and didnt want a full floor scraping front bumper as i said its a pain and can be an expensive one (n)

ooo air suspension!! fun!...you know you could buy a *hitroen for something like that :p

I know i was just saying :p ...i hate driving dad's *cough* C5 *cough*..and i only ever move it off the drive...everything all stiff, whereas the stilo is all, well just GREAT!! but i can't convice him to buy a Fiat.

C5 is a bit of a naff car granted.

The C4 though is just miles ahead of the other citroens in the range. Why i bought one. Handles well looks great. Build quality is massively improved over other citroens.

I had a C3 as a curtesy car the other week when mine was in for a recall. Awful cars.

But i really like the Citroen C4 great car. Not had any serious issues with it since buying it the odd rattle but they have all been sorted when putting the new speakers in. Just the door panel wasnt on properly.

Like my fiats as well though. Hence why i have a cinq as well.

Bumpstops are literally just Rubber bushes that sit astride the struts and compensate for the lowered spring to prevent them 'bottoming-out' at the strut base if you hit anything hard and you haven;t got enough suspension travel left............

Nello said:
Bumpstops are literally just Rubber bushes that sit astride the struts and compensate for the lowered spring to prevent them 'bottoming-out' at the strut base if you hit anything hard and you haven;t got enough suspension travel left............

Well, that wouldn't help my problem. I don't have my suspension going all the way, i'm sure i'd the car would be flat on the ground before going through all the suspension travel!!!!

Guess i'll just have to keep being careful on speed bumps!!! (lowered suspension well worth it though!)

Back