Technical Bumper and Headlamp Advice

Currently reading:
Technical Bumper and Headlamp Advice

ZedBuilder

So after a wee altercation with an immovable object yesterday I now need a new front bumper, left hand headlamp unit, a left front fog light and trim for my 2005 4x4 :(.

Trawling through the adverts on the bay there are a lot of bumpers / headlights for sale on there, the majority of which are not from a 4x4. So my question is - can I use a non 4x4 bumper / headlight on my 4x4?

It's not clear from the listings whether a non 4x4 bumper will fit - although from the pictures they look the same?

Just to be clear I'm not talking about the steel bumper reinforcement bolted to the front of the chassis rails, I'm talking the colour coded plastic front bumper moulding.

This is my first Panda 4x4 so I'm hoping someone with more model experience can offer some insight please - over to the collective's wisdom before I press the buy it now!

Thanks in advance for any help!:D

sorry I dont know

never had the 4x4

there are a few different bumpers. With Aircon are different

Black unpainted
basic
basic plus fog
with aircon
with aircon and fog

There's a few different grills which might help identify the correct bumper

active and dynamic are different. But the look like they would swap over but I never tried

Last edited:
I fitted an Eleganza bumper to the 100HP. Its the same base moulding as "standard" Panda (e.g. Dynamic) except it has the spot light inserts. These can be bought as upgrades for non spotlight cars. Headlights were the same, and some careful tweaks allowed the front skirt and wheel arch extensions to fit. A careful paint job has the car looking great, though not quite as great as a pukka 100HP bumper.

The basic 4x4 probably has the same bumper as any other basic Panda. The 100Hp and some of the special edition 4x4s (e.g.Panda Cross) are different, and VERY expensive. I cant say about Cross bumper material but the 100HP is very fragile. The material is far more brittle than standard bumpers.

I would say if your car has the standard headlights you might as well use a standard bumper and swap any trim parts from your old broken bumper. If yours is a special edition 4x4 then you are in for a big parts bill.

Last edited:
Back