General Bucket Seats

Currently reading:
General Bucket Seats

GOOD INFO

bits i didnt understand but oh well lol.

so has anyone mastered the airbags yet?

I don't think anyone with a stilo has reported a 100% success on the project yet .. but it looks promising for the future ..

Watch this space :D

Right Junglesc the steering wheel is a Piece of p**s just disconnect the battery for leave for 10 minutes and then there are 3 allen screws at the rear its a bit fiddly due to lack of space but once you have done that all you have to do it disconnect all the connectores and the centre of the wheel comes away and then its a 23mm nut to get the actual wheel off. I have a spare boss which are pretty hard to get hold if you wanna buy it and give it a go.
The steering wheel dont way much really and wont make a blind bit of difference to the Power to weight ratio. Your best bet is to rid of the spare. remove the the under trays if your brave, engine covers, battery box carpet from boot parcel shelf if not needed.

but is there a way to do it without the airbag light bieng constantly on?

what wheel is the boss for?

but is there a way to do it without the airbag light bieng constantly on?

what wheel is the boss for?

Yeah like i said you just need to soldier a couple of resistors on the wires that would normally be attached to the air bag and that will trick the Airbag ECU into thinking that the Airbag is still there and hey presto theres no light on.
To fit an after market steering wheel you would need a steering boss as standard ones have something a bit like this already part of it. This is the exact one that i have and there is normally a long wait for delivery as the guy takes your money and doesnt tell you that he wont be getting a delivery for ages but this is the only place that i have actually ever seen one especially for that price. Ask PNL he was helping me look for another one because i was impatient and didnt want to wait but we got nowhere.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fiat-Punto-St...ryZ40195QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
If you want it i will do it for the same price - the hassle.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
what resistors though?

and what brand of aftermarket wheels will fit this boss?

what resistors though?

and what brand of aftermarket wheels will fit this boss?

Pretty much any Aftermarket wheel.
You need to find out the resitance of the wires then just buy a 2 resistors that match it and any kind would do a resistor is a resistor is a resistor.

jesus, just got onto this thread, dont go anywhere near the airbag circuitry with a multimeter measuring resistence - measuring resistence bridges the circuit.

Safe way to do it:
1. Unplug airbags.
or
2.Unplug the airbag computer. + disconnect vehicles battery for a few minutes.

there is a capicitor in the airbag computer that stores enough voltage in the event of an accident and the battery is destroyed to deploy the airbags.

i have always been told measuring resistence with any of the above could set them off.

Trust me you dont want an airbag hitting you, we used to set off old units at work in tyres - christ it sounds like someones been shot.. looks bloody painful.

Good luck..

Right well i am capping the wires that used to be attached to the steering wheel airbag tomorrow so would that be a problem as there is not airbag there. Also the airbag ECU is that the yellow wire that runs near the glove box or would switching it off using the thing on the side key thingy be sufficient.

Back