Technical Broke my MAF?

Currently reading:
Technical Broke my MAF?

Arhhhhhhh HELP, reading some of the posts on here I thought I'd clean my MAF with a can of specific MAF cleaner spray I bought from eBay. Just for the hell of it. Now when I go to start the car it starts fine then chugs splutters and dies! Christ why did I do it? Any advice anyone? I didn't let it dry for long, but then put a hair dryer on it for a while, but still no luck. Think ill be back to the Ypsilon tomorrow.

Try putting it in your airing cupbard on top of the hot water tank overnight, that should dry it out. Problem is that you cant take the end caps of these MAF's to get at the actual sensor. The cleaning spray may have reached somewhere the air dryer can't. Unless its been sprayed with WD40 it should dry out in time.

Totally off topic - as u just purchased it and will have a warrenty make sure your inlet manifold swirl valves are working and not leaking. It looks a nice Croma ! I had a red tempra 1.9 tdsx wagon - great car, thats what got me hooked into Fiats.

Cheers 1Fiat! Well a little more persistence with the hair dryer and hey presto! It's a gud un!

Phew I thought for a moment I'd be shelling out $$$$$$$

I loved my tempra, had two tdsx saloons over the years, it used to fly :)

I did have trouble starting mine once, after cleaning the boost sensor. I just cranked it for a while then it started, hiccuped a bit then was fine.

I refitted it straight after cleaning, which was probably a mistake.

I put it down to there being solvents where the oxygen should be. It should soon get flushed out and back to normal.

I've found you can get away with some gentle toothbrushing - it does help.

Back