General Broke Down

Currently reading:
General Broke Down

br4duk

Woke up for work went out car wouldnt start battery discharged after bout 5 turns of engine.

Came home jump started it went on the motorway 2 junctions and back and then it cut out, missing and stuff. Choke wasnt doing anything it cut out at the lihts, i started it parked it, one of the ht leads the one at the top left wasnt clicked in.

Could this be way it didnt start , but was working fine day before

U reck i should change Dizzy,Rotar and Plugs???

BRAD

1299cc 70SX Uno Mk1
KERR NELSON HT Set
Champion Sparks
Large Custom 4.5 Inch s8 through backbox
Stock everything else so far

yeah a loose ht will give you starting probs,only 5 cranks at starting isnt a lot so you might need to keep an eye on your battery.as for ht,rotor et al it depends on how old they are,im always an advocate for changing these as it aint to expensive and once they are done its one thing you can rule out and not worry about

The Fiat Cinquecento
Fun While It Runs

Thats what i think mate, Are they all easy 2 do i never changed the plugs or a dizzy or rotar before.

BRAD

1299cc 70SX Uno Mk1
KERR NELSON HT Set
Champion Sparks
Large Custom 4.5 Inch s8 through backbox
Stock everything else so far

ht leads-just do one at a time so you dont get them mixed up(as we all have at one time:I)rotor arm just slots on,i take it you are just doing the distributer cap in which case its easy but follow the one ht lead at a time rule.if you are changing the dizzy it is easy just make a mark so you can re-position the new dizzy in the same position

The Fiat Cinquecento
Fun While It Runs

Back