Technical Breather pipe again.

Currently reading:
Technical Breather pipe again.

I may well keep the 500 unless I see something else.
Yes I did buy it outright, I am not a fan of finance. I have always saved up to buy stuff that I want.
Having said that I will let you off if you have a mortgage.

I may well keep the 500 unless I see something else.
Yes I did buy it outright, I am not a fan of finance. I have always saved up to buy stuff that I want.
Having said that I will let you off if you have a mortgage.

With the way house prices are going, renting is the way to do it = )
I cant imagine how bad it is if you have a mortage you just started, the home value collapses by 30% and you owe the bank more than the value of the house. Best to default.

If i were you id keep the Fiat 500. The 2012 model is hardly different then when it first came out (save suspension and i guess some build things) but thats it. I plan on keeping mine as long as it lasts, if its 10 years i am happy with that.

You need the tool below to take the clips off and to refit them
http://www.lasertools.co.uk/item.aspx?cat=67&item=1144

You need to take the airbox off it is a 10mm bolt two at the front and one at the back. Just unclip the the pipe and refit the new one. It really is a 5 min job.

If you are local I can do it for £98..... It is the going rate.

Cheers, I can see the ones at the side but no sign of a bolt at the back? Is there another pipe to disconnect at the back of the airbox. Does anyone have any pics of this job?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, I can see the ones at the side but no sign of a bolt at the back? Is there another pipe to disconnect at the back of the airbox. Does anyone have any pics of this job?

Thanks in advance!
There is a pipe at the back, be warned that the fitting is VERY brittle and is liable to break off. My car has had 2 airboxes under warranty.....

That does appear to be the Greek way of doing things.

LOL! I have no reply to that.
But just for the record I am not Greek actually. I am born in London with a British passport to an Algerian father and a Turkish mother. I live in Greece.

There is a pipe at the back, be warned that the fitting is VERY brittle and is liable to break off. My car has had 2 airboxes under warranty.....

In which case, if you are replacing a failed breather, it might be worth just cutting the old one in half & dealing with the airbox connection on the bench.

In which case, if you are replacing a failed breather, it might be worth just cutting the old one in half & dealing with the airbox connection on the bench.

That's a very good tip.(y)
Judging from Maxi's contribution on the delicate nature of the airbox the last thing you would want to do is to break this.
In some way's having the dealer do it where you have supplied the part might be a wise option if you can get it done under a 'goodwill' gesture.

LOL! I have no reply to that.
But just for the record I am not Greek actually. I am born in London with a British passport to an Algerian father and a Turkish mother. I live in Greece.
:Offtopic:
A 'few moons' ago I planned to trip to the French alps flying Dublin to Paris and then booked the HGV sleeping on the train with it departing around midnight to arrive in bourg-st-maurice in the early hours of the morning. This was really before the internet arrived so it took 2-3 weeks of planning with emails and phonecalls. We had luggage for the cold weather and also for a day at Eurodisney (still a kid at heart & I had great fun) on the way back. Anyway I under-estimated the difficulty of 'getting around' Gare du Nord since the Eurostar, HGV and the Metro are all in the one train station. Being English speaking the Parisans where not interesting in helping us. Time was running out and this Algerian guy with excellent English with a French accent offered to help. I put one of the OH's heavy (!) bags down on the platform and before we knew it he picked the bag up and said follow me. We spend the next 10 minutes literally running to the correct level where the HGV was departing. We arrived just in the nick of time and really didn't get the chance to thank him properly (I've often felt bad about it). For those 10 minutes I was thinking the worst & was suspicious of him. As we boarded the HGV he said that when he arrived in Gard Du Nord he had the same issue we had and wanted to help.
You weren't by any chance related to the Algerian guy in the Gare du Nord in 1995 ? :)

Last edited:
I bet they would say it was broken and you have to pay for a new one.

Why do we put up with the attitude from dealers. E-mail / write to fiat UK. The more of us that do this may result in a better service. Alternatively, simply vote with your feet!

I think although cannot speak for Maxi(not a ventriloquist yet :)) he meant fine bring it back up if it`s about more split breathers ,but moaning and complaining about, to Fiat hq etc needs to be in a different thread to cover other/long term problems .(y)

Rkt2003, your good I couldn't read any of that in a 8 word post.

Might be worth elaborating next time, as it looked like you were just having a moan.

Back