General BREAKING 20v Turbo!!!!!

Currently reading:
General BREAKING 20v Turbo!!!!!

louie said:
i'm after a sunroof for my coupe 16v as yours got one? and would it fit? cheers
Hi there!
VERY sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but I have been away on a family holiday.
Normal service is now resumed!!!!
I have also recently broken a 16v turbo coupe, which had a sunroof fitted.
I still have it, and as far as I can remember, it is complete, excpet for the motor, which I think I have sold.
I will check for you on Monday.
Many thanks,
Richard Bell.

hi there

i am a bit of a coupe n00b so be gentle....

i am looking at buying a coupe 20v Turbo but there are a couple of niggling things with it. if i can source cheaply i will buy it.....

the drive shafts / cv joints seem to be giving a very soft thud noise when driving in a straight line, so how mucho for cv joints or driveshafts (or are they better new - well i know they will be 'better' but is it worth the risk)????

there is half a plastic cowling at the rear under the boot, so this is gonna need replacing, do you have one ?

lastly the windscreen.... am i correct in assuming it is bonded and this should be left to the pros ?

Cheers

(sorry to stray a tad off topic)

Rudi

zippeyrude said:
hi there

i am a bit of a coupe n00b so be gentle....

i am looking at buying a coupe 20v Turbo but there are a couple of niggling things with it. if i can source cheaply i will buy it.....

the drive shafts / cv joints seem to be giving a very soft thud noise when driving in a straight line, so how mucho for cv joints or driveshafts (or are they better new - well i know they will be 'better' but is it worth the risk)????

there is half a plastic cowling at the rear under the boot, so this is gonna need replacing, do you have one ?

lastly the windscreen.... am i correct in assuming it is bonded and this should be left to the pros ?

Cheers

(sorry to stray a tad off topic)

Rudi

Sorry mate, all parts now sold.
I would buy a pair of new cv's if I was you, and yes, the windscreen is indeed bonded. The rear plastic is just cosmetic, if it is the part that I am thinking of.
Good luck with your purchase, they really are lovely cars.

Back