General Breakdown Cover ALPS

Currently reading:
General Breakdown Cover ALPS

Andycabs

Had the misfortune while taking some farm workers home to end up with front in a 2 foot rut filled with mud. First time in life I have been well and truly stuck! I had 6 in the back and space not taken with bodies had a whopping suitcase. No worries says I, I have my ALPS breakdown/recovery Folk. Phones them, 0845 from a mobile and spend 15 minutes going through security, then explains the problem, takes another 10 minutes explaining where I am, the Guy then tells me I am not covered because the vehicle has not broken down-its only stuck in mud...but he can send a truck anyways but I would have to pay.:mad:

So, anyone with ALPS Breakdown cover bear this in mind, next time it will be the engine cut out and the car rolled into some mud....Wonder if the other breakdown companies have the same policy?:devil:

If you have vehicle breakdown cover, it's for vehicle breakdowns, not for driving into mud. All breakdown organisations have the same policy.

At least the 7 of you were probably able to lift/push it out yourselves.

My Taxi at the front was resting down on the chassis in loose mud, front wheels spinning without purchase-the hole went deeper. Passengers were Romanian, 4 of them young girls -the two meaty guys did try to push but no dice. They eventually did get their mate in a minibus to pull me out with them pushing. Without that I would have been stranded in the middle of nowhere. Believe me, I have driven snow mud and ice without ever getting stuck before in 45 years of driving....I am humbled now with this experience. But still peeved that recovery does not always mean recovery? But we learn something new each day! Thank you for your comments.(y)

Back