General Break Pads For Coupe 20 VT

Currently reading:
General Break Pads For Coupe 20 VT

Clover_F

Can Anyone give comments or reviews on the following break pads for Coupe 20VT--- Comments must be made under hard driving condition:

1. Ferrodo Racing
2. Galfer
3. Tar-ox
5. EBC green
6. AP Lockheed
7. Roesch

1. I've heard good results with the Ferrodo Premium pads (sold by most Halfords stores), particularly with repect to reducing brake squeel. The Racing are a harder compound which will wear the discs quicker but will be better in terms of brake fade.

2. Soory no experience of the Galfer pads.

3. Tar-ox pads are known to squeel badly but their performance is pretty good. Not as good from cold as the Ferrodo but when they are warm they are equally as efective.

5. Never been impressed with EBC Green, they change the compound from time to time so it's difficult to compare pads from a few months ago to now. They are very good in terms of fade resistance and they don't give off much dust but the initial bite is poor and general stopping power was reduced on the ones I had fitted (although that was a few years ago now).

6. Heard very good reports of these pads but no personal experience. Users report great stopping power right from cold and no fade. A good all rounder it seems.

7. No reports on the Roesch pads.

SpunkyM...
Fiat Coupe 20VT, Bailey DV, K&N panel, PBV @ 1.1bar.

I've always used Mintex C-Tech (1144) pads on my coop. They give good bite from cold and are fantastic when hot, never suffered from brake fade.

I agree with Gibbo's opinion of the Mintex M1144 pads. They work well from cold and once nicely 'warmed up' are excellent. There's a guy on the Coupe forum who competes in Sprint events in his 20VT (and is very competitive) who swears by them.

Ash

As mentioned - Mintex performance pads or Pagid Blue.

I am very hard on my suspension and brakes - I have been through two diff sets of discs and pads over the last 6-7 months and to date Red Dot 20 groove discs with Pagid Blue seem to be the only ones that have lasted a reasonable time.

I would not recomend Redstuff pads.

Back