bravo ride height!

Currently reading:
bravo ride height!

ill answer for him no it hasnt been in a accident it just sittign lower at one side.

the springs and shocks surly shouldnt of gone if they are sports ones and not been in for too long.

apparently its been like that since he got it, ie before he lowered it and put new springs and shocks on it.
All i know is that something is very wrong there, and it should be fixed sooner rather than later.
parking on the kerb at a slant woulsn't make it do that, but i suppose if you park facing the right way, it'll look level? ;)

Buzz
The champion of the Bravo 1.4 & now ex owner of a Bravo 1.8

Member Page

Is the slanting all down one side or is it more orientated to a corner? If it was dipping on one corner, you could assume spring/shocks/etc but if its all down one side... I'd be concerned.

wolfraceinsy.jpg

Dec '97 1.8GT / 135,000 miles
Current Status: Running Well

lol bout the kit not been moulded propely, well i think its mainly that back right hand corner thats doing it,im considering changing the springs to 40mm cos i desperately want 18's, but then it wud sit a fair bit higher cos it wud b raised 20mm, and am i rite in saying that 18's would also raise the car higher?
thanks for the input

o, btw, the car has always been slanted since i put springs on ( i think), so would changing the springs solve this problem?

i think something is very very wrong. if you have changed the springs already, i think you should take it to a trustworthy garage and get them to look at the suspension arms, trackrods etc because i dontthink its gona be an easy fix.!!!

i think if you get bigger wheels you need a smaller profile tyre to compensate

taking the difference in size of the profile of the tyre, say i went from a 45 to a 35 profile, then that is a 1cm difference, but that still leaves an extra 1.5cm difference from the extra inch difference in the wheel?
cheers

The 45 bit doesnt mean that the sidewall is 45mm thick, it is 45% of the tyre width...eg. the 205 bit.

SEX...I'm just two women short of a Threesome

are you sure you've got the same size wheels on both sides. ;)

looks like 17's on one side 16's on the other :)

18's will make it sit ever so slightly higher, but not much. maybe 2 or 3 mm at the most.

Buzz
The champion of the Bravo 1.4 & now ex owner of a Bravo 1.8

Member Page