bravo ride height!

Currently reading:
bravo ride height!

R

ryan

ever since i got my car, it has always been higher from the ground on the passenger side, and lower on the drivers side, i was told to replace the shocks and springs as they must have been worn, so after lowering the car 60mm, i still had the same problem of the car been lower on the same side, so i then fitted kyb gas shocks, again, this made no difference. i hadnt really paid any attention to this until yesterday when i was stripping my interior out, and lookin at it from the back it is well over an inch higher on the passenger side, does anyone know why this is?
thanks
ryan

the person sitting on the driver side is a fattie ? ;)

Buzz
The champion of the Bravo 1.4 & now ex owner of a Bravo 1.8

Member Page

haha!lol, if its like that when im in it, it would be scraping the floor when a fat person is in!
no, its constantly like that,wether im in the car or not, and the drivers side is the correct height that is should be, its the passenger side thats out
thanks
ryan

its well annoying, it means that my right hand side wheels catch on the arches, but the left hand side are a mile off!it looks **** to!
looks like il just have to get hydraulics,lol ;)

tbh the days of spending money on cars are long gone for me! maybe a re-map or something like that.

ive managed to get my insurance down now so i can buy a car thats sporty enough as standard. an S3 maybe calling or maybe a gsi 2.0T astra.
deffinatly not a fiat tho!

went out in a mates S3 and it flew! truly rapid, and as fast as anyone could need on the road imo

Buzz

Member Page

rite, i have some pics here of the difference in height, im starting to think along the lines of a faulty spring or something like that. only other reason i can think of it being like this, is wen i park at home i park half on half off the pavement, (drivers side off the pavement) therefore the car is always slanted when parked, but as previously mentioned, the springs are only about 1 n a half yrs old, any way heres the pics:

1167575290.JPG

1167575317.JPG

^^ Drivers side wheel arch

1167575352.JPG

^^ Passenger side wheel arch

Thanks for any contribution

ryan

WOW thats sum gangsta lean you got goin there mate! think mine maybe about 5mm difference an the spribs are basically new

spribs??
just a little bit more than 5mm dont u think?
only reason im bothered is the drivers side wheel is catching on the arch loads, wereas the passenger side arch isnt at all!
i want a compromise!lol

Employ a fat bird to sit in the rear seat behind the passenger!

SEX...I'm just two women short of a Threesome

Now why go out with a fat bird and risk your mates seeing you ( unless you pay a fortune on tinted windows) the simply answer is to let more air out of the tyre on the highest side

lol, as for the fat bird, then both sides wud scrape!as for the tire pressure, i dnt think that wud b very gud for the handling!lol
ryan

i meant theres about 5mm on my car an wats the matter with spribs?!

nothings wrong with spribs, jus dont have a clue what it means!car to enlighten me?
ryan

did you lower it?
why not get a slightly higher spring for that side to compensate. betta then ****in the kit up.and the tyre for that.

1167506921.JPG

life is to short to look back

no no no, you cant go doing that, it'll never turn bends or handle potholes, or in fact do anything properly.
something is screwed bigtime there. Maybe they only put 1 lowering spring on or something? or its been in a big accident?

Buzz

Member Page