Bravo Main Beam Problem

Currently reading:
Bravo Main Beam Problem

After looking at the original problem again i don't think its the relay. You say you can flash the headlights? that uses the same relay so that must be ok. Got to be the stalk switch

Sorry if I wasn't clear I have no main beam or flash of lights mate.. All I have is side lights and dip beam

I think this still could be the relay wiring or the stalk..remember the relay has a main circuit, and a control circuit. it sounds as if the main side is ok.. but check your control circuit side ie: the small wiring, one side of the solenoid coil should be earthed and the other should be live when asked to operate. If the earthing is good, then it sounds like the stalk isn't sending the relay a 12+ve control signal.

Having said that I'm not familiar with the circuit, but bear in mind.

The relay control circuit could be constantly live, with the stalk providing the return earth.

Or the relay control circuit could be constanlty earthed, with the stalk providing the live.

Hope that helps..John.

GUYS ITS SORTED.. I had an old friend from school days come have a look at it for me yesterday said he thinks maybe the fuse box i wasnt sure but dont know that much about cars my self so went to local scrappy picked one up for £15 an it works a treat now.. Thanks to all you guys for your advise and responses you was a great help

Kind Regards

a fuse box hey..glad its sorted :)

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell :)
Car Status: 23/02/10 - Heating and correct Oil amount sorted :)ready for MOT

All I know is that it was the fuse box and he said it was making kinda like a sparking noise from back of fuse box and it all works after replacement

i bet your glad you did replace it then,it may have lead to somethin alot worse

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell :)
Car Status: 23/02/10 - Heating and correct Oil amount sorted :)ready for MOT