Bravo Main Beam Problem

Currently reading:
Bravo Main Beam Problem

A

Andy G

Can anyone advise on an issue with main beam lights. I have fiat bravo sx 1,4 R Reg. I have changed the stalk tested all visable relays and fused, but i have no main beam i have dip and side lights. When tested there was no power to the main beam fuses in the fuse box.. When a live feed is connected dircted the lights work fine. Any idea where the live feed comes from for the main beam fuses? Any advise would be appreciated..

Kind Regards

If you have checked all the fuses, tested all relays and changed the stalk - the only thing can be a loose/ broken wire. My guess would be from the relay box to the lights.
Here is the link with the schematics hope it will help - hard to say whats wrong with me being far away from the car to test things.
http://files.me.com/sven.c/4yfrpv

******NEW LINK******

sven3.jpg

Members Site ---------My Site

Replacment Stalk

The stalk i replaced it with was a second hand stalk from ebay is it a commen fault and could be another faulty stalk. Could a faulty stalk cause me to not have power at th fuse box as i tried with a direct fuse lights work fine just no power to fuse box

Thanks for any further help
Andy

Try this, Get the live feed and connect a toggle switch bypassing the stalk. If it works then the stalk is faulty

Taking the live feed from where.. when i did it before i did it direct from the battery.. Thanks for help so far

Thanks for all your help so far guys after having a play today it gets more confusing.

Sorry I don't no the name for the thing i used its like a screwdriver with a light in it an lights up when you put on to anything with power running through and has cable with croc clip on. So i used that on the stalk to test the main beam feed from there when i switch to full beam and flashed the lights the light came on so that must mean stalk is ok yes as its seems to be doing what it should? So when we looked at the light relay it lit up to show the power going into the relay and power going out to dip lights but did not light up when going to main beam meaning it maybe the relay? so we connected the main power feed going into the relay directly to the main beam cable bypassing the relay and then the main beam came on but was on all the time could not switch off also by doing that it gave power to the fuses in the fuse box for the main beam so i replace the relay as everything seemed to point at it being that. But no it still doesn't work..

So im really stuck i thought it comfirmed the stalk working an it being relay but with replament relay still know luck..

Any help would be really appreciated guys and thanks to you guys for your ideas already

Kind Regards

Andy

So what i read from that is that the "flash" works but the main beam propper does not, sounds like the stalk to me. BTW the light you are using is a circuit tester lol

At the moment iv only got sides and dip no main beam or flash and no light on dash comes on when switch to main beam an when i bypass the relay the main beam comes on and light on dash comes on and can not turn off..

if thats the case,as a temp fix (as you wont be driving with full beam on anyway) keep it bypassed and put a little toggle switch in the wire,as said before.Jobs a good 'un :)

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell :)
Car Status: 23/02/10 - Heating and correct Oil amount sorted :)ready for MOT

But i have my MOT soon would that be passed with that? Just confusing as iv seen that the stalk seems quite a conmen fault but when i use circuit tester on the stalk main beam feed it lights up to show its been switched on..

dont know mate :s
If you have the switch in the car to work the main beam when you need them,then technically it works..

but like i say,wouldnt know.You may have to have your stalks working :s

In that case if it's switching the power on try it at the relay end, if that lights then try the output from relay. Follow the wire until you get to a point where there is no reading then you will have isolated it

It lights up on the relay power in but does not light up on the relay out to main beam the output to dip lights up when switch on..

So the poweris going into the relay but not coming out? Must be a fault on the relay or a poor connection. I reckon you have found the fault

just move the relay about a few times as it may be faulty or lose connections.OR get another from a scrappy

Ye thats right power going in put no power out when switch to main beam, When switch to dip lights it works just not on main beam but i have replaced relay with one from scrappy mate and still not working really stuck with this one had a few guys to have a look an confusing them lol getting a guy who does electrics on cars have a look tomorrow for me so fingers crossed he can find out. You guys have been very helpful any more idea please post thanks again

Maybe but i took one from the back of fuse panel which is same rating and that didn't work either :(