bravo 20vt conversion complete.

Currently reading:
bravo 20vt conversion complete.

working ABS - is that with the coupe unit or the bravo one?

There any many parts that the coupe and the HGT share, things that lower model bravos need to be swapped.

The coupe and the HGT's subframe/wishbones are the same.

What suspension parts did you swap over?

struts and hubs were swapped i assume you did as you fitted the brembos. Also the turbo engine is slightly heavier.

The coupe and the HGT's rear sus/brakes etc are the same.

ARB's, are they different (coupe/HGT)? if you did not swap the subframes, did you swap the ARB's?

did you swap the fuel pump?

is the HGT vapor canister the same as the coupe?

did you go with the coupe gearbox or the HGT one? gear selector cables match if its a >98 coupe

Steering rack and Brake master cylinder, same or swapped?

lots of questions i know, sorry just trying to make a comparison

Rich

all these Q's will be handy to know if anyone tries to do 1 themselves.
My mate who swapped my engine over has rcently said he'll do the conversion as he'll give anything a go :)

i do trust him as he knows whats what,he used to work at Ford for many years but there would be parts like the ecu,keys etc getting passed all that :/

Hi there,

I'll answer all the questions I can :)

My brother has all the diagrams for the wiring loom which needed to be changed.

We kept the Bravo abs unit

We swapped the subframes as the coupe one was in better condition but on comparison they are identical. We used the coupe steering rack as the track is wider.

We have kept the Bravo struts at the moment but will be upgrading at a later date. Hubs were swapped from coupe.

Fuel pump is Bravo original.

We fitted a coupe six speed gearbox and linkages / gearlever etc from coupe. Later model five speed coupes have same gear linkages as six speed.

Kept Bravo master cylinder.

My brother had to do something with the three blue fuel pipes but I am unsure what.

I can ask him any questions needed or i may even get him to get his bum on here for you all!!

Justin.

Not sure why some of my messages have named me as dark lurker!!!

are you on FF or FCUK? or have you been on here in the past? just wondering why the conversion?

The easiest way past the CODE system is to disable it lol.

Not sure what the flow rate of the HGT fuel pump is compared to the coupe, but I know the coupe unit will flow enough for 350+bhp with the wiring mod. The whole unit will swap straight over ;)

Not sure your wiring diagram will suit the 1.8 ABS unit unfortunately.

It's only the track rod ends that are different, the rack cores are the sane.

Didn't think the coupe hubs would fit the standard HGT struts, that's an easy brembo conversion :)

The hgt must have the same brake master as the coupe then cause the 1.8 was completely different! I was also concerned the smaller cylinder would not be strong for the volume required for the 4pots!?

The six speed is interesting, and fine on stock power, the higher bhp guys on fccuk seem to break them though lol

The bravo vapour canister only has 2 (blue) pipes, the coupe system requies 3, I figured swapping them would be easiest :)

Does the HGT engine have a variator?

Mike, if your talking to me, check out the non coupe project section on fccuk

Rich

Boosigmed.jpg

I am also on fccuk, have owned my Coupe for several years now but also always liked the look of the Bravos, hence the conversion. The Bravo HGT s do have camshaft variators.

sorry Rich was talking to Justin ,but he has just answered my question :)

thats the thing,some ppl dont like the coupe but do like the bravo's..like me lol they should have sold 20vT bravo's in the uk!
Wonder how much itd cost to buy 1 and transport it over? would have to find a RH drive one tho to save more costs.

Mike, I'm not sure if you are assuming they sold 20vt Bravos in other countries from the factory? they didnt!!!!

Justin.

Surely they did? In brazil and others. Like the marea 20vt that got produced too.

i do bed my pardon,it was only the marea's that got the conversion in brazil cos of emissions.Just been on wikipedia ;)

(i always thought bravos turbo's were factory produced and sold overseas too)

They werent factory produced though, these would of been converted much the same as we are now doing conversions.

Justin

you on about the marea ? cos according to wiki they did get the transplant but stopped production

I 'm pretty sure they didnt ever produce any. Mareas or bravos.

I Did have a look on wiki and it does list one, but 180bhp?? I' d be interested to know if that is actually true!!!

Marea 20vt were made from factory for brazil.

Bravo got the 20v

Brava got 1.8

Would love to see a brava 20vt or a 4x4 turbo brava....just need a dedra!

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

or an Alfa 155 Q4

Kee
(HGT Owner since 02')

97' P393LOK 2.0 20v Bravo 147HGT - Car Heaven
97' R590BJO 2.0 20v Bravo 147HGT - Car Heaven
98' R93BFC 2.0 20vt Coupe - Donor Car - Car Heaven
99' T970VWS 2.0 20v Marea Weekend HLX - Car Heaven
01' X266EEX 2.0Vis 20v Bravo 155HGT - Car Heaven
98' S551CWH 2.0 20vT Bravo 260HGTurbo - Written off due to attempted theft...!
Going to break, convert to 2.4 20vT & put the engine in a differend HGT (Heraldic Blue, hopefully when i find one)

Current Motor:- Y981SLB 2.0Vis 20v Bravo 155HGT

there was a monster of a 20vt brava on youtube in the uk.i came across it one day.dont know if it ever got finished tho.

Sorry to OT.... Kee did you get things sorted with Flux??

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg