General Bravo 165 Sport springs

Currently reading:
General Bravo 165 Sport springs

Seagate

Hello,

Today one of my front springs snapped. I am looking to buy an after market replacement (i.e. Sachs), but am having trouble finding a suitable replacement. I am not looking for lower/harder springs.

E-PER shows that sport model part is different (5070873) than other trim levels (50707398), but I am only able to get the 50707398 - vehicles with standard chassis. Shock absorbers are shown to be the same.

Can someone confirm that these are different springs? Will the one for emotion (same engine/power) fit? In honesty i would prefer a softer ride, but would not like to risk them not fitting properly.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I can't find any aftermarket springs for the 2.0 sport... why not just get the OEM? Price?..might not have a choice.

Yeah, basically no choice. Went with OEM for 107€ per spring, which is two times as much as after market springs.

Maybe would be smarter to change all four like Mike suggested.

Souldn't need to change all 4.
The rears are under much much less stress.. so they would also compress less over time.

And in reality after 1-2 weeks of using the new springs, i don't think the from would be higher than with the old-original springs...maybe 5-10mm

Just ignore it.

I understand it like this:

He has original Sport suspension. It has lower and stiffer springs.
He wont to fit "normal" used springs from "normal" or non-Sport Bravo, just on fron axle
That spring are 1cm higher and less stiffer.
So, on car would be front spreings from normal Bravo 2.0 165 emotion, rear would be original Sport springs.
I could be 1 cm hight difference between front and rear axle

well OP said he went OEM... so the same exact spring fitted on the Sport model.

Yes in the end I ordered OEM sport springs from the local dealer. They had to import them from Italy, but should be here today.

I didn't wont to risk it and fit "normal" springs just at the front. But now after reading all replies, if put in the same situation, I would have just replaced all four with standard springs. Cost would have been the same, and I would have had a more comfortable drive.

... Cost would have been the same, and I would have had a more comfortable drive.

But you would still have the sport shocks.. so they wouldn't be matched...
And ride wouldn't be as soft as the non sport.

Also socks brackets(where it attaches to the spindle/hub) might be different between 150-Sport and 150-whatever.

I know the 120 is smaller than the 150-Sport.

But you would still have the sport shocks.. so they wouldn't be matched...
And ride wouldn't be as soft as the non sport.

Also socks brackets(where it attaches to the spindle/hub) might be different between 150-Sport and 150-whatever.

Hm E-PER actually showed all other parts to be the same. At least catalogue number was the same. I am talking for 2.0 165 sport vs. emotion.

Još much did you pay OEM springs?

My also snapped Today, ordered Kayaba springs and shocks, for front, 190euro.

107€ per spring.

Replaced both over the weekend, now been driving for whole week, everything ok.

Last edited:
Back