General Bravo 100sxTD Injector warning light

Currently reading:
General Bravo 100sxTD Injector warning light

wolf1345

I have trawled through the forums but not come up with many answers to this problem (most were for petrol cars).

The injector light is flashing on the dash, but only when I put my foot to the floor.

Could this be glow plugs needing replaced or is this a more general fault light that could mean absolutly anything?

I only ask cause the nearest fiat dealer is 40 miles away and I have just found out does not do any work on em anymore just sells them !!!!

it cant be the glow plugs. the glow plugs are only used to start the engine, after that compression is used to ignite the diesel.

i assume since you have not mentioned any performance issues that the car is performing as normal and you have not noticed any excessive smoke.

the fact that the light only comes on when you accelerate strongly suggests the engine is overfueling or underfueling, and this is causing at least one sensor's signal to go out of range, which bring the fault light on.

the possible causes for fueling problems are numerous, so it would be quicker and easier to get a diagnostic check done. if the diagnostic fails to find the fault (often happens in cases where the fault light only comes on during acceleration) then you need to use real time data on the diagtnostic tool to see which sensor's signal is different to what you would expect when the engine is put under load. this will indicate what the problem is, and allow any half decent machanic to figure out what the likely cause is.

if you want to try something before you go for a diagnostic, i would replace the fuel filter, this should be replaced every 10,000miles, and is often the cause of underfueling or low fuel pressure build up on the TD. the fuel pump could also need adjusting, but this is not something that should be attempted by someone who does not know what they are doing.

Back