Styling Brava styling

Currently reading:
Styling Brava styling

I have a Lichen green SX80 but the lacquer on the roof has blistered and flaked in several places. It has spent time parked under trees and in the morning sun, there seems to be scratch marks probably from too hard brush bristles.
I would welcome any advice on cause and solution.
Cheers and thanks in advance.

cause is a combination of crappy fiat paint and previous owners not protecting the paintwork with regular polish/wax.

you can use t-cut to get the fine scratches out, and then colour t-cut, and then a polish or wax. it will make a huge difference, but it wont fix the laquer problem. to fix that you need to sand it down and respray it, or if you're careful and skilled you can pick the old laquer off and then either leave it or respray the laquer on top of the existing colour coat.

cause is a combination of crappy fiat paint and previous owners not protecting the paintwork with regular polish/wax.

:yeahthat:

When I first got the 1.2 80sx, it needed a good clean, polish and wax. Now everytime I clean the car, once a week if I can. It gets another coat of wax and polishing. Having had the car since April/May last year, I can honestly say the paint is now in better condition than it was when I first bought her. It feels smoother, and not matt. And the gleam from the paint is very high now.

:)

Back