Technical Brakes shaking

Currently reading:
Technical Brakes shaking

TSAF

I recently changed my pads and after that all the brakes shake, especially the front right,
The mechanic said to change again pads + discs :bang:
and the dealship said that i have to change the base of brake (they didn't sounded sure)
I don't know what to do.
Is it possible to have that problem just with a pad change.

Hi, how bad were your old pads worn? If they had gone down to metal and scored the discs then more than likely you would need to have yr discs skimmed. You can check this visually or manually by running yr finger across the disc surface,

(make sure you do this cold and when the vehicle has been stationary)

do yr disc's have lines or visual ripples across the surface. the surface should be smooth, if not, just putting news pads in would cause this tremour or bounce on the pedal. here in Cyprus we would skim the discs if the surface was uneven, i,d imagine in the uk, the cost of skimming would be simmilar to the costs of new discs.

Of course , if the disc surfaces look and feel smooth , and if the pads have just been done i would go back to the garage and make them check if there is any posibility that something is loose.

hope this helps.

the old pads had gone to the metal.. they have some ripples but not so much.
My front right brake shakes and knocks even if I kick the tyre on the outside.
τι εννοείς skimmed...?
when they changed the pads, they didn't lube the bolts that i am pointing.
The dealership after they lube it, and saw that the knock didn't stop, told me that i must change these bolts.... 70euro together with the base.

Attachments

• brake alum.JPG
    brake alum.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 19
Hiya,

In the picture you show the rear calipers, these are the bolts that when removed split the caliper. they can be unden and tightened and then a lock nut secures them in place and as long as yr rubber gaskets are intact, you can undo the bolts and just regrease them.

if yr problem is at the front, have you checked to see all is tightened correctly.

If your wheel knocks , this could also indicate a loose wheel bearing, and are you sure yr wheel nuts are tight.

Last edited:
At last, the broblem was the bolts...
They put glue for bolts and the knocking stopped for the moment. In the future i will propably change them.
Now i can hear the same knocking from the other side:mad:

At last, the broblem was the bolts...
They put glue for bolts and the knocking stopped for the moment. In the future i will propably change them.
Now i can hear the same knocking from the other side:mad:

Sounds like the bolts are working loose. Could be a good idea to either get it back to the garage or at least remove the wheel and check that they are tight, maybe pull them out and apply locktite to the threads.

Back