General brake pedal

Currently reading:
General brake pedal

Morning Fello Qubist,

Personally I blame the water in these 'foreign parts'........lol perhaps it addles the brain cells slightly.........more lol.

No offence meant, but come on all for a few miserly pence, not worth it.

Take care, Qube O.

From MEP, above:

"What has push or pull starting a car got to do with leaving the car in gear when slowing down (and allowing fuel shut off to kick in) rather than knocking it into neutral and letting it use fuel idling
confused.gif
"
A lot because you are starting the car with the wheels in both situations. Is there any reason why the effects on the DPF would be different when fuel is restored and the engine starts running again?

I've just noticed the idiots massive post edit. Half that crap wasn't there when I responded last.

What idiot would suggest turning the bloody ignition off when driving? Another for the Darwin awards I think.
MEP, I don't advocate driving with the ignition off. The whole point of my test was to show you and others on here that the fuel is not fully cut off when you come off the pedal and therefore the saving compared to coasting at idle isn't as great as you think it is. The fuel supply to the engine is reduced maybe but not completely cut off as you and others said over and over. If you don't think there's a difference then take the test and see for yourself. If the fuel were fully cut off as you believe you would come to a full stop fairly quickly on a level road and without using the brakes. Saying the fuel is completely shut off is nonsense.

Who mentioned bump starting the car other than you?

Fuel is cut of when your foot comes off the gas, this is fact. Where have you got the idea it isn't???

Going back to your stupid idea of turning the engine off in motion, a car will roll to a stop just as quickly with the engine/ignition off when in gear, as it will when fuel shut off is at play.

Completely agree - he's a bit special. Previously suggested removing the sump guard to improve fuel efficiency!

Back