General brake fluid problem

Currently reading:
General brake fluid problem

smill

hi all, i have a marea that has a flashing handrake light/losing brake fluid(but cannot find leak, topped up twice this week with dot 3-oops and dot 4) and a burning smell. would anyone have a idea what the fault would be?
many thanks to all in advance.

clutch slave cylinder is probably leaking, look for fluid on top of the gearbox.

the cylinder is about £30 for a replacement.

Ry

hi, thanks for quick reply. why would it be clutch slave cylinder and not the brake master cylinder? sorry i know nothing about cars lol

On some Fiats they use the same reservoir to feed both the cluch and the brake hydraulics. :)

yes, it does use the same 1. car clutch also got stuck on the floor once 1 morning last week, is that another sign of clutch cylinder on it's way out?

yep sounds like clutch cylinder on top of gear box they are very easy to change then just top up master cylinder and bleed it down at the slave cylinder

yep sounds like clutch cylinder on top of gear box they are very easy to change then just top up master cylinder and bleed it down at the slave cylinder

found a leak on the floor, under the battery. how do i know if its the clutch master cylinder or slave cylinder? many thanks

Last edited:
Back