Boy Racer? Or conservative driver?

Currently reading:
Boy Racer? Or conservative driver?

Im a bit of both at the lights if theres a chav i boot it, but like a few others i do a bit of motorway driving so i tend to cruise at around 75mph but then i have a mad 5 minutes and floor it!!

I dont mind the middle laners its the ****s in the outside lane i cant stand!! im talking bout the ones who are just slightly faster than those who r in the middle lane so it takes em ages to get past!!! I ususally undertake them, done that a couple of times including a bravo full of women!!

Ive also smoked a punto on the m62 - Literally!!! Its engone started to smoke as it tried to out accelerate me!!! the last i saw of it was with its hazard lights on pulling into the hard shoulder!! :D

I'm a conservative driver round town, give way, stick to the speed limits etc. but once I'm out of town then I put the foot down where safe. There are a lot of very slow drivers round here so I tend to tailgate them if I have a good view of the road ahead, have also been known to speed and undertake on the motorway. My car will never be advertised 'one careful lady driver' :eek:.

Always stick to 30 or 40mph limits for obvious reasons. Also, a friend of mine knocked a girl over. Luckily he was doing 25mph at the time after just pulling out of a junction, but the fuzz treated him like scum and were ready to throw th book. I never want to feel the way he did, even once the fuzz cleared him.

Generally conservative but it is nice to dip into the dark-side of the JTD every now and then. Need my license for work so I can't really risk it, but it is nice to put your foot down and leave the odd pikey looking for a gear to catch-up when they appear to have a box full of neutrals :rolleyes:

Nino_1975 said:
So how come 3 in one year? :confused:

One gearbox ****ed up on me, bearings had gone, and drive shaft popped out

second one to do with break ins ( bad body damage) and front suspension bursting

Thirs one is what I have now, had its already had a new clutch, front brake pipes and also needs rear drums looking at

I am generally good on the roads,unless someone wants yo give it some in the car behind.If approaching red lights will slow down normally but when the lights change like to reach speed limit as quick as poss and then stick to it for ages to really hack em off,the trouble with boy racers is they see a decent car kitted or not and turn into schumacher!! and they wonder why there insurance is high.

I'm a bit of a boy racer, I passed two months ago and for the first hundred miles was getting used to the car and driving very carefully. The next half a thousand miles I was ragging it everywhere.

Now two months down the line I've started driving more conservatively after seeing the petrol go down quickly, sticking to the speed limit unless it's an open road or very quiet, from lights I floor it but then just stick to the limit. I'm happy to get from A to B now and do so without wasting petrol, plus I listen to music now when driving not the engine so the longer I take the more tunes I can have on.

After doing a service myself (sparks/leads/oil/filter) and fitting an induction kit the car is happy to drive in higher gears at lower speeds, before it would splutter and not like it. I'm happy to drive safely trying to get a few years NCB and keep a clean license, but I'm willing to put my foot down for a bit of fun every so often.

Last edited:
I drive conservatively most of the time. I occasionally put my foot down on nice bits of road, if I consider it safe to do so. I don't get upset by other driver's, what's the point.

Im a bit of both! I hate undertakers when its obvious they cant overtake! Middle lane cruisers and complete idoits who travel the same roads daily but still cant manage to learn to drive 'em properly.

I like to have a rip now and then, does the car good blowing out all that carbon loloololol. But generally im conservative, theres no point having a nice car but one day wrapping it round a lamppost. Who really wants to be named "the Village idoit" ???

I don't really drive fast I just keep up with the other traffic but generally I'm well behaved :p

Only recently I discoverd morons in the middle and far lanes but the only reason I noticed them is cause they were driving like granmas and I was left the only option of going past them all on the inside lane. It wasn't a dangerous manouver but they were either dead on or below the speed limit if I remember correctly and the inside lane was empty.

I generally drive in the middle lane, not because I'm a wnaker but because on the Dual Carriage ways in london there are roads which require the drivers to slow down to 5 - 10 MPH to exit, they are like normal side street entrances n exits. and some dickheads just enter a dual carriage way from 0 MPH and this leaves everyone braking for their lives cause mad tail backs in the inside lane...

so I don't drive in the inside lane and this has become a habbit which I have bought to the motorways, just feels a lot safer knowing that there is less chance of having to emergency brake constantly when you could just swap lanes drive in the middle and not.

I don't drive like a madman or boy racer but i still like to get my car up to speed (obeying the limit always, of course!) faster than anyone else! Doesn't always happen unfortunatley!

Back