Technical Bouncing Barchetta

Currently reading:
Technical Bouncing Barchetta

KiwiBarchetta

Hi all.
Lately my Barchetta feels quite 'bouncy' over the bumps. She's 18 years old and has had no suspension work at all, so I'm wondering if something is worn / needs replacing. Has anyone else experienced something similiar? If you replaced shock absorbers what did you replace them with and how have they been?
Thanks,
Stewart

I replaced all my shocks at about that time but only because mot man said front shock was misting oil. Replaced front and rear shocks with standard Bilstein units. Didn't notice any difference though. Felt happier because these things must deteriorate with time (don't they?). Also gave me the chance to regrease the infamous top swivel bearings. Quite an easy job for experienced DIY er.

I replaced all my shocks at about that time but only because mot man said front shock was misting oil. Replaced front and rear shocks with standard Bilstein units. Didn't notice any difference though. Felt happier because these things must deteriorate with time (don't they?). Also gave me the chance to regrease the infamous top swivel bearings. Quite an easy job for experienced DIY er.
Thanks Dave :) Yeah I figure after 18 years and 76,000 miles it could be time to replace them! What are the standard units and are they easily found these days?

Bilstein has a website you can buy directly from. B4 are standard but can also get full lowering kit. Full set of std shocks is just under 500 quid. They claim to be the best in the world.

Back