Technical Bosch ECU reset.

Currently reading:
Technical Bosch ECU reset.

petel

Established member
Further to the postings on the CLX Overfueling thread by Peaman above, forum members may be interested to see what follows.

This is taken from the vehicle handbook issued with a ( FIRE engined ) 1992 Uno 1.0ie, having the same Bosch Mono-Jetronic system as the 92 to 93 Panda's.

QUOTE.

Important information ( only regarding SPI Bosch Mono-Jetronic injection )

Whenever you disconnect and reconnect the battery or the battery loses its charge the engine may not run smootly at idle.

If this occures, use the following proceedure to reset the injection system control unit.

1, Put the tranmssion in neutral, let the engine warm up until the radiator fan turns on at its highest speed.

2, Switch off the engine and disconnect the postitive (+) battery cable. Wait 30 seconds and then reconnect the cable.

3, Warm up the engine again keeping the speed at about 2000 - 3000 rpm until the radiator fan turns on about 2 - 3 times. Let the engine idle for about 2 minutes.

To check the control unit is operating properly, switch the engine off and then turn it on checking to make sure it idles smoothly.

The engine should idle smoothly within 2 seconds of accelerating. If not, repeat the proceedure starting at point 2.

Although you can perform this proceedure yourself, it is best to have it done at a Fiat service centre.

UNQUOTE.

For those who may have access to a copy of the Uno handbook, the above will be found on page 89.

Please note that in 1 above, it is their spelling of the word transmission not mine and as to the reference to the fan running at its highest speed, it is a single speed fan.

As for the last sentence, they must be joking!

This is at odds with what I had always taken to be the correct proceedure, basically that outlined by Jangcy above, unless you know different.

Regards.

Hello and glad to be of help.

Further to the above, can anyone please confirm the correct proceedure for the Magneti Marelli system used on the Panda's 93 to 95, which was carried over to the early Punto's, prior to the introduction of the imfamous RED key?
Thank you and regards.

Came across your post and it seems very relevant to the problem I'm having with my Uno (Bosch SPI unit common to Uno's and Panda's).

All started after disconnecting negative terminal to carry out some welding; idle speed is OK when stationary before setting off on a journey but then increases rapidly, refusing to revert to correct rpm. I've had this situation before and sometimes it takes a couple of days to settle down.

Just one point to check about the procedure you posted on the forum taken directly from a handbook. It mentions disconnecting the POSITIVE terminal of the battery (usually you would take off the negative terminal first), so I'm just wondering if this is correct or not.

Thanks,
Andy

I'm always welding with battery connected and I never had any problems.

Came across your post and it seems very relevant to the problem I'm having with my Uno (Bosch SPI unit common to Uno's and Panda's).

All started after disconnecting negative terminal to carry out some welding; idle speed is OK when stationary before setting off on a journey but then increases rapidly, refusing to revert to correct rpm. I've had this situation before and sometimes it takes a couple of days to settle down.

Just one point to check about the procedure you posted on the forum taken directly from a handbook. It mentions disconnecting the POSITIVE terminal of the battery (usually you would take off the negative terminal first), so I'm just wondering if this is correct or not.

Thanks,
Andy

Take your foot off the pedal you silly bugger :p

Take your foot off the pedal you silly bugger :p

Very funny, don't suppose you know the real answer though!

Back