Technical Boot unlock?

Currently reading:
Technical Boot unlock?

Prior to my rear wiper stopping wOrking I had an intermittent fault on the rear parking sensors. Thn the wiper started coming on when started engine. Needed rear wiring loom re-attaching by local independent dealer. Just over £100 and sorted. If u want this under warranty then make sure you are in first 2 years of warranty otherwise they will wriggle out of it

wonder if its the curse of the weather, had the intermittent issue for about a week only for a friend to tell me tonight she has the same issue this week

cars in the stealers tomorrow to look at the blue and me which has packed up so will get them to check this as well

faulty switch replaced yesterday, was impressed with Motorvogue Northampton experience too

Exactly the same thing happened with mine. The hinge pin was tight and the handle no longer sprang back. I didn't know how to remove the handle so also used a small flat screwdriver to prise it back out and then with the boot lid raised in the fully open position I squirted WD40 into the mechanism whilst leaving the boot lid open for 10 minutes to allow gravity to take it's course and let it to soak in. Seems to have done the job. I also changed the number plate bulb which was intermittently showing as a fail, blimey that was a b*gger of a job, especially in the cold

Yes them bulbs are a pain ,fault then no fault i blame speed humps !!

:confused:

Just had to lubricate my boot release with exactly the same symptoms as the OP. Thanks to the Forum I didn't have to panic about needing a repair - just a quick clean up and a dab of lubricant and its working again.
Thanks guys!

Mine has just started doing the same. Boot will open from keyfob button but no life when using the handle. Handle movement seems normal (no stiffness or stickyness) so would indicate nothing is jammed, just not working.

Warranty unfortunately is now two months past! :(

How do you get into this? Is it in via the inside of the boot or can you get to it from the outide.

Cheers

Pete

Just taken mine apart, pulled the hatch liner off, unscrewed the four bolts holding the chrome handle/strip thing. Took it off and tested the connections with a multi-meter and rather annoyingly the switch still does work. Tried shorting out the connection directly on the wiring loom but no life at all. :confused: I noticed the boot light wasnt working either, I changed the bulb but it still doesn't work so something is definately amiss somewhere.

Not sure what to do next, might have to be a trip to the stealer.

Pete

I suspect broken cables in the section of loom that goes between the hatch and the body shell at the top left of the hatch - it's a common failure point with hatchback cars. Pull the grommet back from the hatch, or body and examine the cabling..

Not sure what happened with my previous posts, it seem to duplicate a number of posts.

Anyway, today the Rear Wiper also decided to stop working. Stuck a quarter of the way up. :mad:

I've booked it in for next week, typically it's out of warranty now but hopefully the dealer will come to some arrangement.

Pete

Not sure what happened with my previous posts, it seem to duplicate a number of posts.

Anyway, today the Rear Wiper also decided to stop working. Stuck a quarter of the way up. :mad:

I've booked it in for next week, typically it's out of warranty now but hopefully the dealer will come to some arrangement.

Pete

Yes - the arrangement will be that he will pay someone a small wage to repair your car and he will also charge you a large amount for so doing.

Seriously suggest you think about getting in a mobile auto-electrician, or going to a trusted local independent garage.

Pound to a penny says you have worn wires in the loom as it passes from car body to boot lid.

Ok, got the car back today, all fixed.

The bets were accurate; yes the loom was broken as suggested.

The original Fiat part to replace would have cost £450 just for the loom! :eek: I made it quite clear I'm not paying that!

I caused a bit of a stink, warbled on about 'loyal customer', 'shouldn't happen to a car this age', etc, etc. The Fiat dealer managed to get authorisation for Fiat to pay the majority of the repair to the loom, with myself paying some towards it also. Total cost to me including VAT as £95.21, which I'm a bit happier about.

This was KTA Fiat in Chippenham, Wilts, which are at the bottom of the hill to where we live and have used them for quite a number of years now on my car and my wife.

Pete

Ok, got the car back today, all fixed.

The bets were accurate; yes the loom was broken as suggested.

The original Fiat part to replace would have cost £450 just for the loom! :eek: I made it quite clear I'm not paying that!

I caused a bit of a stink, warbled on about 'loyal customer', 'shouldn't happen to a car this age', etc, etc. The Fiat dealer managed to get authorisation for Fiat to pay the majority of the repair to the loom, with myself paying some towards it also. Total cost to me including VAT as £95.21, which I'm a bit happier about.

This was KTA Fiat in Chippenham, Wilts, which are at the bottom of the hill to where we live and have used them for quite a number of years now on my car and my wife.

Pete

That's a change of direction for Fiat. Normally they replace the loom or an auto electrican is engaged 'outside the system'. Judging from other individuals who experienced the same problem, some got it fixed independantly for around the same money, another got a loom replaced & one guy did it himself and posted pictures of the repair work.

How much did the actual repair work cost in total ?

Back