Boot install :looking for advice

Currently reading:
Boot install :looking for advice

when i get home in december will try out with subs wired in parallel and listen for difference... currently cant do this, as my car is miles away
but will try out both and post up the results...

I dont think that you could run that amp at 1 ohm. I dont know if you know that Ohms are a measurement of resistance so the lower the resistance the more power the amp delivers to the speaker because it isnt resiting the power as much.
Ps sorry bout the other day im taking some pretty extreme pain killers and they make me a bit moody. As well as making me feel a bit buzzy which is good.

Last edited:
I dont think that you could run that amp at 1 ohm. I dont know if you know that Ohms are a measurement of resistance so the lower the resistance the more power the amp delivers to the speaker because it isnt resiting the power as much.
Ps sorry bout the other day im taking some pretty extreme pain killers and they make me a bit moody. As well as making me feel a bit buzzy which is good.

lol lets just forget about it, i was pretty eggy aswell! sorry for that (y)

yep i know ohms are a measure of resistance :p i have A-level physics, and doing a degree in Automotive Engineering... i was just unsure about how the resistance will change and effect the performance on my amp
it is bridgeable i know... its an Infinity Reference 4-Ch

cheers

If it is compatable then your looking at about 25% for each Ohm Reduction I.E 1ohm will generaly work the amp 4 times harder than 4ohms so your speaker will be 4 times louder. But the Reference is not compatatble to 1ohm but your prob getting about 300-360 watts at 2 ohm.

If it is compatable then your looking at about 25% for each Ohm Reduction I.E 1ohm will generaly work the amp 4 times harder than 4ohms so your speaker will be 4 times louder. But the Reference is not compatatble to 1ohm but your prob getting about 300-360 watts at 2 ohm.

well its plenty loud enough as it is to be honest! and the ive just about managed to tune out the line levels so it can take the heaviest bassy songs with the least clipping... which took a lot of time parked up at the park with the boot open and a screwdriver! lol:slayer:

have a luk ay my install which iv just put a full audiobahn install in my gp 2 x awes12p coupled to a audiobahn a18001dt mono amp plus 4 gauge wierin kit an capacitor sounds awsomely loud sets car alarms off when on loud enuff but will set u back at over a grand didnt cost me that tho lol

Attachments

• 07112007014.jpg
    07112007014.jpg
    791.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 02112007001.jpg
    02112007001.jpg
    764.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 02112007002.jpg
    02112007002.jpg
    776.6 KB · Views: 7
have a luk ay my install which iv just put a full audiobahn install in my gp 2 x awes12p coupled to a audiobahn a18001dt mono amp plus 4 gauge wierin kit an capacitor sounds awsomely loud sets car alarms off when on loud enuff but will set u back at over a grand didnt cost me that tho lol

not bad, you going to tidy the wiring up a bit?

iv been advised to if you are going to run 2 subs off one amp use a 2 channel amp as a 4 channel will not push enough power through when bridged and especially not when connected to 6x9s and door speakers.also dont use mono block for subs.:slayer:

if you want a good system and allready have the subs and a amp, depending on the amp, i would buy annother amp that you can run your original amp off.
buy a good wiring kit with a distribution block. power your subs off one amp and off the other power your front door and 6x9's. all depending on what you buy it could be kicking. if you want i could give you a link for the perfect sub and amp kit and annother link for the wiring kit. all that costs just over £200 including delivery.;)

REMEMBER THOUGH THERE IS NO POINT IN BUYING A GOOD SYSTEM IF YOU DONT HAVE A GOOD WIRING KIT YOULL BE WAISTING YOUR MONEY (y)

Back