Technical Boot Cable MK1 Snapped

Currently reading:
Technical Boot Cable MK1 Snapped

Punto_2008

Hi People

Boot release cable on 1999 Mk1 60SX broken. Any body know how to open the boot as the key no longer works either :bang:. Can it be openned from the inside?

Cheers

i have a mk2 , and mine snapped ,,,, was a bit of a nightmare getting it opened

all i done was bend the bumper down so i could get a very large wedge in between the bumper and bonnet , using a long screwdriver and a hammer i snapped the safety lock pin then snapped the release pin on the main lock...needed a few big hits but they snapped ,,,,,, then got a screwdriver in between the two locking hooks that hold the bonnet and pushed to the right ... and pop it opened...

bumper is fine and the bonnet is fine ..... got a new locking Mechanism from the breakers and fitted that with new release cable from fiat which cost 12 quid ..

dunno if that helps cause u have the mk1 , but hope it helps

aj

The questions is regarding the boot not the bonnet i believe

On the mk2 there is a latch on the inside of the boot lock (you can see it if youre in the boot (i.e. fold the seats down) dont know if its the same for the mk1

:D the boot on the mk1 can be opened from the inside by the way like said above , slide a thin strong screwdriver in from the left and drag it accross to the right (from inside the boot) i had to do this on mine , but check once its open that the lug on the end of the cable has not just slipped out as mine did , if so just put a cable tie infront of lug this will then take up the slack to stop it popping out again ,
hope this helps (y)

Cheers for the advice guys, I'll have a stab at it tomorrow i think in the light. Should be good fun...

Thanks again (y)

Back