Technical bonnet catch

Currently reading:
Technical bonnet catch

right, im working on a little project (will probably completly fail) and i just need to know whether it is ok to just remove the little catch thing that u need to press to open the bonnet.

Basicly, when you pop the bonnet from under the steering wheel, you have to walk round to the front and then press the little button to open the bonnet. can i get rid of the little button and have it so that once the bonnet is popped, it will just lift open?

would it be safe without the catch as a backup device?

reason i ask is that it would so so much easier to do what i want to do if i didnt have that catch to worry about .... it just gets in the way!

oh and heres my project :p All modifications will be made to a spare bonnet ive got so i dont need to worry bout buggering the car :) i think it looks gorgeous! oh and the bumper isnt going to be made, was just photoshopping!

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 294
The bonnet on my old cinq opened on me at 80mph, the safety catch obviously didn't work! Needless to say I s**t myself after it happened.

After that incident I'd never mess around with stuff like that, not that I did back then.

Another thing, it wasn't until I had to swap bonnet catches that I realised how s**t cinq ones are! Seriously. Got one from a scrap yard and I could actually force it open with a screw driver.

Back