bmw x5 help

Currently reading:
bmw x5 help

steviepab

Ok i know i am in the wrong place but does anyone know a good forum for the x5. Or does anyone know where the battery is on a 2001 3l x5? Am a little confused. Cheers

Don't know for sure about the X5, but on the 3 series and 7 series it's in the boot, in the side compartment. If you need to jump start, there are usually terminals to connect jump leads to in the engine bay.
H

JonnyBoy said:
It's Chelsea Tractor, actually :p

And I thought X5's ran on fuzzy bunnies, orphans and black magic... why would they need a battery? :confused:

They can be both! They're often referred to as taxi's because they come out for the Chelsea school run, acting as taxi's to ferry around spoilt little brats who can't walk more than 1/8th mile :p

BTW, I wonder if anyone can remember the X5 made by Suzuki? It was the smaller brother to the X7. Ring a ding ding and a red arrow smoke trail! Only those who know what I'm talking about will understand this! ;)

They love moving about batteries to confuse people these days :)

My Dad had his Mk1 scenic serviced (mk1 is under driver's seat) and the bloke who does it works at a Porsche garage (don't ask) and it baffled him :D

1986Uno45S said:
*hint* do a search for Suzuki X5 (and X7). Suzuki came up with the X5 name looooooooooong before BMW did ;)

there were motorcycles in the 1980's known as X5 and X7, however they were known as GT200-X5 and GT250-X7 which doesnt make them the same name

Last edited:
AppleSei said:
there were motorcycles in the 1980's known as X5 and X7, however they were known as GT200-X5 and GT250-X7 which doesnt make them the same name

Both came out in the late 70's actually ;)

The X7 was famous for being the first (alleged) road going 250cc motorbike to hit 100mph. The X5 was the smaller 200cc version.

And they were known amongst bikers as X5 and X7, and it was only this that was on the side panels rather than the full name 'GT200X5'.

Also bear in mind that there was a model before already known as the GT250, so the later model was known as an 'X7' to save confusion with the earlier and completely different predecessor.

Kind of similar to the way the Yamaha RD350LC was known just as an 'LC', and the RD350YPVS was known simply as a 'YPVS'. There were earlier totally different bikes that carried just the RD350 name as well, so the LC and YPVS monikers were used to show that though there was a family lineage the LC and then YPVS were actually very different machines.

I dont have a clue about bikes i just ad a look on net like you asked :p :D

Thought you meant the cars at first which were known as XL7 rather than X7 :)

Thought as much cheers. Reminds me of my mini cooper. Took my sister an hour to find the battery. Teach her not to show off again. Have jump started it from the terminal but we think the batt is goosed so we are gonna change it.

Back