Technical Bluetooth to standard stereo

Currently reading:
Technical Bluetooth to standard stereo

shaun

Established member
Hi, can i fit some kind of bluetooth music adapter to a standard head unit.i cannot find any definite answer any where

I've installed one in my original head-unit; sound quality a great.
IMG_20190110_222357.jpg

IMG_20190112_124551.jpg

IMG_20190112_124555.jpg

IMG_20190112_125231.jpg

IMG_20190112_125253.jpg

ebay: LN-BT02, about 5 euro.

I installed an additional button in the head unit it's used for pairing, muting, play/pause.
It also supports Bluetooth phone calls. So i installed the provided microphone behind the face, and drilled some holes for sound to get to the microphone.

Power for the BT is taken from the head-unit (good stable clean power source) power is on as long as the HU is on + ~1 minute after it's turned off (probably a condenser slowly draining out)

Last edited:
Hi aurick86, how do you get the BT to work mine has no AUX connection or mp3.Is it possible for a wiring diagram

Thanks Shaun

Tried that, bought a sony unit brand new plugged it in worked fine but the battery kept going flat.Rewired it through the cig lighter as someone suggested on here and no difference.I want to keep the stock unit if possible as this does not drain the battery

Can I ask, why bother? For the cost of materials + the hassle of installing you might as well buy a 1/2 decent aftermarket unit.

Cost of materials was about 7 euro. Can you really get a decent aftermarket headunit for 7 euro?

I did it because i like the stock head unit.

Hi aurick86, how do you get the BT to work mine has no AUX connection or mp3.Is it possible for a wiring diagram

Thanks Shaun

If you don't have the connection at the back ... the get a second hand one off ebay (30-50 euro) and do what i did.

How do you wire it in to the speakers.Sorry all i see is a load of wires in the pics

I have googled it put still cannot find any wiring diagrams.I am a novice at this but there must be about 10 wires coming from it

I have googled it put still cannot find any wiring diagrams.I am a novice at this but there must be about 10 wires coming from it

It really isn't that difficult.
I've attached the wiring diagram for a Visteon head unit... not sure if it's 100% accurate for this version of the head-unit, but it's accurate for the pins you need:
visteon -bluetooth connector.png

You need to have the following connected to the Bluetooth module:
-power from HU (when it's on) pin 16 on connector C
-ground from HU (when it's on) pin 17 on connector C
-audio L - pin 19 pin 19 on connector C
-audio R - pin 19 pin 20 on connector C
-audio L - pin 19 pin 18 on connector C
-button for pause/play/pairing (you need to figure this out with a multimeter...will be easy if you buy one of the modules that come with all the stuff. Or you can leave all the button connected and find a way to integrate them all - extend the wires and find a place to install.

Optional
-Microphone (comes with the kit, but you'd need to figure out how where to install it/extend wires etc ... where i installed mine is great in town, but there's to much noise while highway driving), i'd be inclined to move it around the mirror.
-AUX-in ... so you won't loose the AUX port or Blue&Me. I'm not using mine at all since the sound quality over Bluetooth is so good, but i did connect it and left it dangling at the back (gray the wire ending in red shrink tube).

Back