General Bluetooth A2DP adapter

Currently reading:
General Bluetooth A2DP adapter

Wiggz

Hi Guys

I wanted to get an aftermarket radio...I did and the steering stalk experience, although the loom helped me use my steering controls, was just shockingly unresponsive and n othing like what Blue&Me can offer.

So I decided to look at things differently. Could I find a Bluetooth USB device that would plug into the USB port on my Bravo and allow me to stream using A2DP to it?

I've seen THIS site however I'm not 100% on it.

Anyone got any recommendations on how to achieve this....if I had a 3.5mm jack all would be resolved quite quickly it seems. I'm after the same, but for USB.

Those bluetooth audio input adapters work only if you have an AUX input in your headunit, you can't plug them to the USB.

If you have an aftermarket headunit then you must have an aux input.

I have one of those adapters in my car and I created an aux input for it while still keeping the blue&me, it's a complicated story...

Indeed - I'm not adverse to hearing it id you are willing though?

All I really need that I don't have currently is bluetooth streaming (A2DP) - everything else I can live with/without or have a workaround for.

Pretty much aye...not sure about the AUX output bit....I thought the AUX in this case was taken up with the Media Player (USB) device in the car? But essentially yes, that's what I'm trying to do. That way I can keep the convenience of the B&M voiuce control which beats most head units out there, but have my music streaming.

And yes, I think I'm a Gen 1 B&M user (Gen 2 = TomTom right?) - Mine is version 5.6 or whatever.

Old blue&me has only a usb port, the new ones have a 3.5mm Jack input next tot he USB for the AUX.

I have the old blue&me and I created an aux input by wiring a switch into the blue&me wires that go into the HU. That way I can switch manually between my AUX input and B&M.

Then it's just a matter of plugging the a2dp adapter to the AUX input and pair it with your phone.

Yes, mine is USB.

I don't suppose you would be kind enough to let me have a breakdown of what you did and what you used to get this working did you?

Were there any drawbacks in the sound quality?

Yes, mine is USB.

I don't suppose you would be kind enough to let me have a breakdown of what you did and what you used to get this working did you?

Were there any drawbacks in the sound quality?

When you use bluetooth to transmit audio, it's compressed which results in a slightly altered sound quality but it won't be noticeable if you have the standard audio setup. (I can notice the tiny little change in quality because I have an upgraded system.)

The real problem with the bluetooth adapters is that you have to turn them on everytime you get in the car and make sure your phone's bluetooth is activated or you'll have to spend a few minutes fiddling with buttons to get them paired again, at the end I just went back to using the cable.

Unfortunately I can't use the cable on my latest Android phone due to the fact it doesn't suppose Mass Storage anymore only MTP.

So any info would be handy pal.

Thought of just trying an A2DP BT usb unit in the media player, but I doubted (severely) that would work.

jesus I've looked at that....that's not a solution really is it? (thanks though).

Play a 2hour silent mp3.....erm no

jesus I've looked at that....that's not a solution really is it? (thanks though).

Play a 2hour silent mp3.....erm no

But that's only to trick the system to think its playing something while you push your Audio down the AUX.

I had to do something similar in my Cinq, had to put a CD in the multichanger to make it think its playing something so I can stick music down the AUX lead I cabled into the red and white connectors which should have gone into the multichanger.

I'll just get an FM transmitter then and be done....use the Aux into that for my phone's music and use B&M for calling...cheaper and easier to try that I think.

Back